MTNL Mumbai Help /w Frequent Disconnection please!

• Thread starter Thread starter revoke
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 7,047
its seems like the line's fault, are there any joints in the drop wire and how old is the drop wire. Also are there any electrical wires nearby to cause interference ?

Sorry, what's a drop wire? There are no joins in the wire between where it comes out of the wall and the router.

the wire outside your house, which is connected to internal wiring. Did the lineman come to check the wiring ?

I'm going to chase him today.

Is it normal for the SNR figures to fluctuate all the time? For instance, every time there is a refresh on my modem stats look-up browser page, the SNR figures change a few points up or down. For instance over the last minute or so, my SNR down figure has gone from 17.3 to 18.0 to 17.9 to 18.3 to 17.7 to 16.2.

Well, I caught hold of the lineman yesterday and he redid a bunch of the wiring, cutting down from two splitters to one and moving it to a different point in the house and whatnot. Line has been stable with SNR of approx 22 since then. Though with my luck, having just said this, it will conk off any minute.

Thanks for your help.