Paytm Wallet option appearing at petrol pumps!

I am guessing QR code remains same which points to the account of the petrol pump owner. They must be getting confirmation of payment through text or device Paytm must have provided them with. This system is not going to work long term with custom devices as they are likely to go bad. Also relying on internet connectivity in this case would be stupid because it also tends to go down. You would not want a situation where the customer has paid and you have no way to confirm that payment.

One more thing I wanted to know about tax deducted when payment made through Card (and perhaps applicable for Paytm as well in future?).
Twice I paid Rs 1000 for Petrol at Pump. I also got sms of Rs 1000 spent on my card at Pump. But in Credit card statement, purchase amount mentioned was Rs 1028. Then at next line tax reversed amount of Rs 25 was mentioned. So in all for Rs 1000 Petrol, I paid Rs 1003. And my Credit card company (both SBI and CITI) has mentioned tax waiver at Petrol Pump for amount of above Rs 500. So I am wondering why Rs 28 (or 3) extra was charged.

your card company should be refunding you 28 rupees i guess. unless of course they are not refunding the swachh bharat cess. :\

My statement read as below
31/10/2015 &&&& PETROLEUM Debit 1,028.51
31/10/2015 PETROL TRXN FEE RVRSL EXCLUDING S TAX Credit 25.08
So perhaps its Service Tax which is not reversed.

right. government tends to charge tax even if the actual cost is reversed. i found it few years ago...
theaters giving away tickets for free still has to pay tax on it to the government.

In my citi card only original amt is shown, no service ch added or waived though it works only on citi machine at ioc pump.
while my hdfc card do same as SVK mentioned however .36% charged but points worth 1.5% gained so no complaints.

My local pump now accepts Paytm.

XcUzx79.jpg
Wa15hxS.jpg

I plan to use it next time I go for fuel. Not going to happen for long considering how little I have driven this year. The car has not crossed 6000KM and this is the third year I believe.

if only the experience was uniform. it changes so much from one driver to another, it's like using completely different services.