why not compensate for not service period?

My den connection ( shakarpur, delhi 110092 ) had gone bust twice for couple of days ...though it was rectified after much followup.
I asked them to compensate or waive the charges against the corresponding period when net was not working which they are not even answering. I took 3months plan and this is my third or fourth slot running. they were swift enough to disconnect my connection as soon as validity expired as i had delebrately did not pay as my request was not even being answered on phone or mails.
It is fourth day in runing that my home is without net and no body is bothered despite of my repeated requests to their cce / area manager ( mr. ritesh sharma ). I think I am not asking for something unfair. I am ready to recharge as i am going without net and facing problem but at least they should promise that they will compensate by waiving the charges against their no service period and extend my validity accordingly.

Regards,

Punit Khurana
DEN-CA0002567

M: 9868249311

Does your power department compensate you for power cuts?

Does your power department compensate you for power cuts?
... sorry.. but are you comparing the modern services with mamoth and chronic setups.
if the connection goes out ( net ) for even a month, and i have already paid 3 months fee, even then the system wont buzz?
every penny counts... yaar.

go for a business connection that has a service level agreement. consumer connections do not come with any promise of reliability because they are cheap.

go for a business connection that has a service level agreement. consumer connections do not come with any promise of reliability because they are cheap.
..so that says that we, consumers, are good for nothing and den is kind of doing national service..or charity...lol!
so even after being paid, u do not serve at all... u get absolved bcz am not on a so called busines plan?
pl be fair... and fr sure u r not voicing a customers greivances

Go to a consumer court if you feel cheated by the company. If your agreement with the company has any kind of sla, take them to court for cheating you out of it. Or use your Facebook account to voice your grievance. Fact remains, consumer connections generally does not come with any SLA. Your power company does not compensate you for power cuts... because there has been no promise of such compensation. Same applies to your internet service provider.

If you want to do something productive, write to TRAI. Ask them to consider forming a regulation on compensation for disruption in services for consumer internet connections.

He is not asking for a compensation but just waiver of charges. Power department does not charge me anything for the duration for which I do not have power service at my house.

IMO, any good company should have considered his request as it is just a small expenditure to keep a customer happy and it is their fault anyways but as they have not done it so I understand your point that he can either suck it up and live with it (as I do with my spectranet connection) or consumer court is left as the only alternative.

Last edited: