• Thread starter Thread starter knak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 8,657

knak

Regular
:lol:
CC Chat

I discovered an online live sify-customer(we[dont])care(only for your $$$) -chatbox
Finally, my frustrations have a destination!!

he: Good Evening
he : How May I assist you
knak : Good afternoon
How are you today?
knak : I would like to know if the rumors i hear are true, that Sify again made a big step of becomming the most pathetic ISP ever existed
he : Fine Sir, Can we have your query
[/b]

lol...

more to come

They are shameless and I can see that!

knak: after 150MB , and after every 25Mb over that limit, another day gets deducted from teh validity?
knak: downloading 176Mb on a single day means 2 days of deduction?
He: one moment please
knak😛lease hurry, my 150Mb limit will soon be reached on my 48kbps UNLIMITED package
he: Upto 150 MB utlisation in each day….No deduction of days validity
For every 25 MB utilisation beyond 150 MB within each day, one days validity will be reduced.
knak: Does this sounds unlimited to you sir?
knak: i believe i purchased an UNLIMITED package... can you please point out what part is unlimited here?
[/b]

knakker : How can you solve this problem sir?
He: To ensure that users who have extremely heavy usage do not reduce the quality of service to other subscribers by choking the bandwidth pipes, we have limited the download for the unlimted users to 150 MB per day
knak: Why do i have to suffer from this? what if i have a daily usage of 200Mb, hich is NOTHING in this time,2005, we live in? Why does Sify still call it UNLIMITED packages? [/b]
:angry:

knak: i believe i purchased an UNLIMITED package... can you please point out what part is unlimited here?
knak: I bet it isnt there,... is it?
knak: Can you please explain me why i buy a UNLIMITED package, and i get a datalimit package sir?
knak: If you would go to the bakery and u get a chunk of beef insted of bread, would u still accept it?
[/b]

he: Sir, if your usage is higher, we request you to change to data transfer pack
knak: I took Sify for its unlimited packages, i do not wish to use a datalimit package

knak: How can you solve this problem sir?
[/b]

He:To ensure that users who have extremely heavy usage do not reduce the quality of service to other subscribers by choking the bandwidth pipes, we have limited the download for the unlimted users to 150 MB per day
knak: Why do i have to suffer from this? what if i have a daily usage of 200Mb, which is NOTHING in this time,2005, we live in? Why does Sify still call it UNLIMITED packages?
[/b]

knak: Is Sify aware that they are deceiving and lying to customers?
Unlimited means: No limits
knak: Right?
[/b]

he aint replying anymore...

Well certainly. According to the Oxford english dictionary Unlimited = adj. not limited; infinite. Sify does not have the right to deceive customers. No one have.

See this one -

ujjwal : I am using the 48 kbps 1 month unlimited sify internet connection, sudden;y I found that 15 days were deducted from the account...
ujjwal : I was told that there was a 150MB limit per day on this account.
sify : ok, please be online
ujjwal : What I would like to know is what the word \\"unlimited\\" is supposed to mean?
sify : yes if you use more than 150mb per day then i day will be deducted from your account
ujjwal : I was not told of any such limit before, how am I supposed t o know of it?
sify : this is mentioned in the terms and conditions which is in the site itself
sify : you can check for the same
sify : by logging in to www.sifybroadband.com
ujjwal : There was _no_ such terms present when I took this connection in 2004
sify : the terms and conditions are given in the bottom of that page
ujjwal : They have been added just recently, do you expect us to check the sify broadband page everyday?
sify : yes sir as per our rule we can change our terms and conditions at any time
ujjwal : Right, so if all of a sudden you change the price to Rs 50000 per month, we are supposed to obey it, is it?
sify : sir please note that we will beincluding certain conditions at times in our policy list
sify : and we will be updating the same in our terms and conditions
sify : customers need to check with it
sify : did you get my point sir?
sify : did I make it clear to you?
[/b]

More gems of wisdom -

ujjwal : I download linux CD\'s quite often, many I times I download security updates and patches for the software I use, is this supposed to be commercial usage?
sify : the commercial use includes both upload and download
sify : you have nay other query sir?
ujjwal : ???
[/b]

🙁 worries me because we live here in india in a time when technology is one of our main streams. our i.t. ppl are 'exported' to other countries. maybe we should make sify an international isp and send them to afghanistan or iraq. when their cto's, cc's and ceo's get kidnapped and beheaded for cheating ppl, only then will they learn their leson. or will they. 😛

Dethbinder.....you are a genius!!! instead of petitionin against sify....we can petition FOR sify to provide BB in Afganistan and Iraq!!!!

sify doesn't even have the capability to provide decent broadband in india how are they gonna provide bb in afganistan and iraqand i think iraq already would be having better bb than india [maybe]

Finally a clear answer.
  Welcome to Sify's customer care chat
  Please wait for an associate to join you...
sify : Chat request accepted:
sify : Good Evening
me : good evening
sify : How may I assist you
me : My package is the 128 kbps unlimited I would like to know the limits on it.
sify : Kindly be online sir I will check and revert to you
me : ok
me : I would like an answer sometime soon
sify : For all Unlimited packs, if usage exceeds more than 150 MB in a given day, then there will be a reduction in validity of one day for every 150 MB of extra usage in that day.
me : so that means if I download 151 mb in one day my validity will be reduced?
sify : yes sir
me : because when you say extra it is not really clear. after 150 mb for every 150 mb 1 day is deducted implies that 300 Mb per day is allowed. Anyway thank you for answering my question.
[/b]

sify: Chat request accepted:
sify: Good Evening
sify: How may I assist you
me: hi
me: i m using 48kbps unlimited pack
me: i want to know the download limit of this pack
sify: The download speed vary from 2 to 6 Kbps
me: my genius friend i asked
me: DOWNLOAD LIMIT
me: NOT download speed
sify: Ok sir
sify: It is 150 Mb sir
me: and what if i exceed 150 mb in a given day?
sify: One day will be deducted
me: validity gets reduced for a day.. in increments of 25 mb??
sify: One minute please
me: ok
me: i am waiting
sify: Ok sir
sify: We wish to inform you that if you exceed 400 Mb then 2 days will be deducted
[/b]