RCom CDMA Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
LTE
I am bit confused since i've heard that Reliance Jio will aquire the Cdma Band 5 (850 MHz) from RCOM For 4G.
will it affect the existing CDMA users in any way?

I think only voice customers will be affected if they plan to use this spectrum for data....coz jio needs switch back spectrum, if you are out of coverage from 2300mhz which will be quite common as its penetration will be less...

Doesn't RCOM have 1.25 MHz extra in each of the nine circles they're trading?

From the Economic Times:
1c25f72612d63f8af2c2b7e5628d9d18.jpg

They've set it up pretty nicely, IMO.

But then, unlike what the infographic would have us believe, MH doesn't have MTS, so, RCOM could possibly go 1X only in that circle.

But then, unlike what the infographic would have us believe, MH doesn't have MTS, so, RCOM could possibly go 1X only in that circle.

Some other errors: RCOM picked up 5 MHz in Assam and NE in the last auctions, the charr doesn't show these...

Doesn't RCOM have 1.25 MHz extra in each of the nine circles they're trading?

From the Economic Times:
1c25f72612d63f8af2c2b7e5628d9d18.jpg

They've set it up pretty nicely, IMO.
Isn't Rcom wasting 5MHz of spectrum by not providing 3x ( EVDO Rev. A or B ) in MP and CG circle . If so, why our government don't take action against these kind of teleco's who are just wasting the spectrum for years which could have been utilized much better or earlier ( other example being Rjio )

Last edited:
The license requirement doesn't state that the telco needs to launch EVDO. They have pretty dense 1X coverage in MP/CG. So, not much can be done. EVDO is pretty in 2-3 cities of MP, fwiw.

Yo. Shutdown imminent in Haryana, Punjab, HP, Orissa and WB. I spoke to CC regarding the same, they were pretty non committal about the date.

Multiple statement from Reliance authority. I guess , they are playing with all RCDMA customers , moreover pissing off those who are waiting for RJIO to launch.
Well, one thing, if RCDMA discontinue, im sure Reliance wont survive for long. CDMA is still their backbone.

I doubt CDMA is their backbone. They have around 75 mil customers on GSM and 30 mil on CDMA. But, one thing is certain, back in the day their CDMA network was legendary. Even today, airtel can't match the coverage rcdma had at its peak.

Though I'm not sure how wise shutting down CDMA is. They certainly won't replace those rural 1X sites with LTE. So in the end, we'll have a 4G network restricted to major towns and cities, much like Reliance GSM.

Also, I think Jio will allow rcom access to their 4G network in a particular only if rcom shares their spectrum in that circle, at the cost of CDMA. This could mean that their entire CDMA network is going down soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.