BSNL FTTH plans: A rude joke!

• Thread starter Thread starter paradox167
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 5,795

paradox167

ISP
BSNL BROADBAND
So I recently moved to Coimbatore, TN and have been searching for broadband plans here. I got to know that BSNL offers FTTH in my colony/area (BSNL office is less than 200m from my apartment community).

Since fiber offers a lot of advantage in terms of speed/connection quality over copper/DSL lines, I decided to check FTTH specific plans from their website.

HTML:
http://www.bsnl.in/opencms/export/sites/default/BSNL/services/broadband/bb_ftth.html

Their FTTH plans are a rude joke!

RC8KXjK.jpg

Along with this, you need the fiber compatible modem ONT Configuration-A type which is too expensive to purchase and costs 150 rs/month to rent. (Cheaper Modem/router provided by BSNL does NOT have wifi. You have to connect your own wifi router. Else choose the 200 rs/month wifi enabled router)

imqXvko.jpg

Their plans are almost unaffordable and don't make sense. Am I missing other plans here?

Unfortunately I do not have the option to opt for copper cable as the society I live in has already taken contract from BSNL to lay optical cables for everyone. The only solace is that I can choose 'normal' broadband plans from BSNL, though I have to pay for modem rental of 150 rs/month regardless. I'm currently taking "BBG Speed Combo ULD 2295".

Very disappointed in BSNL. FTTH has actually become pain in the butt.

perfect example of "Ek to karela,upar ne neem chadha". They have very less FTTH coverage and then this pricing😀
BSNL is enjoying its monopoly to the fullest I can't understand why they don't want to rise above 512kbps barrier. I hope JIO to screw them.