Smartlink broadband pvt ltd review?

• Thread starter Thread starter kratoz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,489
guys any one using this isp which is in mumbai they are having good plans with no fups but hows the ping and speed they provide and also is it good for gaming?

I registered just to answer your question. I have been using Smartlink 3 months now. My friend said that the pings were good, and the speed was good, so I took it.
The pings are only good to Indian and Singaporean servers. So if you're playing games like CSGO or particularly games which have servers in India or Singapore, you can expect to get a ping of around 60 for singapore servers and 5-10 for indian servers. But if you're like me, who plays a variety of games like battlefield 4, DayZ, or games which don't have Indian servers or have a low number of Singapore servers, you're out of luck. The ping on servers in Europe is around 400ms to 500ms. I did a tracert and found that it takes a pretty stupid path for the data to get here. I used to get a ping of 140 on MTNL, it is 400 on Smartlink. As the ping is high on European servers, the speed also decreases. I don't get more than 2 Mbps on my 6Mbps plan if the server is located anywhere in Europe. As for the speed normally, prepare to get inconsistent speed. Generally speaking, most of the servers are located outside India, that means, you'll get low speeds on those servers. Don't expect to get 6Mbps on Dailymotion or other sites. Additionally, the connection is REALLY unstable. Most of the time, facebook videos stop buffering in the middle; I get 6Mbps for a minute and after that, it is down to 0. There are also frequent disconnections and I have to call them up every 4 days. On the other hand, the torrents are cached. If you use a lot of torrents, you'll get 32Mbps on them. Uplay is also cached and I get 32Mbps on it. Steam and Origin are cached randomly. One day I get 32Mbps on them, the other day it's 6Mbps. Oh yeah, and if you want to use port forwarding, Smartlink doesn't allow that.
In short: they have an unstable connection. You can't play games like Battlefield on it and there will be frequent disconnections.
Give me a list of ISPs in your area, and maybe I can suggest you on what to take. As for now, if you get good ping on your current ISP, I'd say, stick to it.

thx bro i appriciated your feedback im currently using 100mbps fiber from tata as primary but i was thinking to change the isp bcoz of some issues since few months its unstable ,i just opt 2 days before and yes you are right, though its 15mbps its unstable ill disconnect it after 3 months as i have paid,im playing games on my ps4 so its worst, ping 400ms to uk servers so in this case we should not talk about us servers..lol.on the other hand my tata fiber gives me ping about 129ms to max 140ms on uk servers and 230ms for usa so now ill stick with it.i dnt have much options due to feasibility but i think non of the isp from india will give me better ping than tata outside indian servers like uk and usa

Hey kratoz,
Am currently using mtnl and suffering badly due to high pings 😢:sweating:.They are routing through airtel.I want a Tata connection as well.Could you tell me which plan you using ? Is it the wireless dongle thing? I prefer broadband.

I did the biggest mistake to opt for Smartlink internet services. The connection drops several times during the day. Customer services reps are blatant liars and do not provide any support. Every other day, they either have a fibre cut problem, server reboot, IP not recognized, power cuts - they do not shy away from giving any excuses - Something should be done so that people refrain from availing THEIR SERVICE. Any other random service provider is better than them any day. They will hound you 10 days in advance for payments and if you make payments one day prior to account expiry, they will disconnect your services. They make you beg to reset your account for the money that you would have already paid. By far they are the WORST SERVICE PROVIDERS (if at all you would want to call it service). There should be some investigation done on why they are so incompetent and terrible in providing internet service and the only area where they are good are at collections. Assessment should be done whether they can be asked to run something else, maybe like a credit card collections team rather than an ISP. I want to be compensated for the torture, harassment and loss that I have faced because of their incompetence

What area are you availing their services from?