Good News

• Thread starter Thread starter TDuncan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 12,262
don't worry guys...whatever happens is for good 🙂something really good coming at the end of this month, if we go by news we already had, from BSNL (hopefully MTNL as well)...

I will wait and watch until 25th of June, and then start the official procedure for the surrender of the B'Band line.

Dont do that so ealry. Thye may introduce a night UL pack later next month.....and hey Aug 15 is arriving ...bsnl always has some gr8 plans for such a day

one can be rest assured that if they end their unlimited plans, more than 80% ppl will surrender their connection... i'm trying to calculate how much `bsnl' has amassed by the non-refundable rs.500/- and the modem setup charges of rs.500/- respectively. 😀 Pupudada!Pata nahin 1st July ko `baraat' mein jaaounga ya `samshan' jana parega!

Statics show in Calcutta Telephones in the month of April only 12% users crossed the 1 gb limit. So your assumption that 80% users will surrender their connection, if they end their unlimited plans may not be true.Again rs. 500/- is no more non-refundable.

Is that so? In that case, a majority of that 12% (like me) may have crossed that limit only because it has been advertised that extra data transfer would be charged after 3oth June. Otherwise, they probably would not have had the urgency to download all the softwares immediately.The moral of the story is, if BSNL makes data transfer unlimited forever, nobody would have the urgency to download a lot of goodies by a specified date. Consequently, only a few, say 2-3% would cross that limit and those too would be the new subscribers who would download heavily for the first few months only and then reach saturation point. For example, I did not download half as much in June as I did in the previous months. I guess, in the long run, you'd only find only 1% or less users exceeding 1 GB limit.Given the above facts, I think you should seriously consider advising higher authorities in BSNL either to make the data transfer unlimited or at least increase the limit to, say 10GB or so per month. This would help in your PR and bring more subscribers while the increase in bandwidth consumption would not be that much.

i totally agree with phuchka (my mouth is watering 😉 )...it's a craze for the first couple of months, after that u really won't bother about all those downloads, coz then u'd run out of space in ur HD :lol: like earlier if i used to skip one day on downloads i used to feel like i've missed "the world" but i don't feel the same anymore...so basically, very few users would tend to cross the limits in the long run 🙂

So the moral of the story is 10Gb is the perfect limit for us ( 1Gb will be too low)

Originally posted by thoufique@Jun 15 2005, 09:59 AM
well i heard a different unofficial news....my neighbour with bsnl has been bragging non stop that BSNL unlimited will extend till dec 31st..he claims someone in the bsnl office told him...lol dont ask me questions !
[snapback]12804[/snapback]
[/quote]
this could not be possible for them. They might loose money???😉

Installation charge of Rs 500 is now refundableIf the D/l limit is made much higher than just 1 Gb ( no need to have unlimited ) then the desperation to d/l more and more will go away and so the usage by the d/l freaks will become much lower. This will not harm BSNL.Value added services are to be added to Dataone VERY SOON. They may try to hard sell that.

bsnl purchases it's bandwidth in advance, like vsnl. so one can be rest assured that till date they have not ended in losses. also i do not think that there is an extra charge levied on the bandwidth for india that for other countries. my good friend in `the netherlands' pays 29 euros for 5mb unlimited connection. calculating that to roughly 1500 rupees just compare the same with what bsnl charges for 512kbps. it is not that the isp's overseas are making losses... the isp's in india are making huuuuge profits by fleecing their customers. `bsnl' has taken a step in the right direction with the unlimited trend and if they can keep up with the same and even reduce rates for the upper bandwidth (they can easily do so) they will be making quite a lot of profit.ah i forgot to say that overseas the higher the bandwidth u purchase, the lower rates you have to pay (proportionately). compare the rates of the 256kbps and the 1mbps of bsnl. it is just absurd... the isp's overseas makes more money by video on demand and other value added services... i am still confident that this honeymoon is going to last... i do hope that time proves me right... Pupudada!P.S.: if you let loose a child in a candy store for the first time with unlimited money.. he will grab everything in sight... but after a certain period, when he knows that he can get anything he wants, as and when he needs it, his appetite will decrease... only 1% or even less of `bsnl's' customers use it to d/load something to sell to others.. if everyone could d/load whatever they wanted, this practise could be stopped too.