Does ACT charge for static IP?

George nathan

Oct 29, 2016
Hi guys,

After long discussion i received the Static internal IP from mid last month, with all ports open. Not sure if it is real Static IP. How can i conform on this?
Because the engineer told me that he has MAC binded my router with a IP which is 10.112.x.x.
the router still shows connection as a DHCP IP, but i always get this internal IP 10.112.x.x and always a fixed public facing IP 49.x.x.x
Now this month, they have generated a bill saying "STATIC IP CHARGES".
Any suggestions on how do i proceed?

Kindly help me on this!

RedskyITM

Regulars
Sep 4, 2015
Yeah I got switched to a DHCP type static IP last month too. No extra charges on my end though.

As the private and public static IP's look the same to the outside world there is no way to tell other than by asking ACT.

bbuser49

Jan 14, 2016
We are paying STATIC IP CHARGES since February when ACT Hyderabad technician came and set up router and router was showing actual static public WAN IP address and VPN was working fine. We even had scheduled nighly reboot in dd-wrt.

Three months back it stopped working, and they are clueless.

Router is set to Automatic DHCP, router shows private 10.x.x.x WAN IP address and VPN is not working.

Every time router reboots someone has to login into portal page to get internet backup again.

Tired of ACT, any suggestions on service providers.

RedskyITM

Regulars
Sep 4, 2015
The login thing happened to me when they first switched me to DHCP as well. I called and told them it was unsustainable and to do what they could to fix it.

The NOC guy who called me back told me they had bound my MAC address for the router to my account so it would stay always logged in as well as shifted me to an actual static IP setup.

bbuser49

Jan 14, 2016
Three times during their visit they said they bound router MAC to static IP, have to wait until 8PM and power cycle the router. Nothing happens after power cycle, as usual we loose internet and only way to get it back is thru portal page.

First time they said some cellar was flooded, second time the guy told they moved to new cluster so binding was lost, every time different excuse.

Most technicians don't even know the paid static IP option and they are clueless.

RedskyITM

Regulars
Sep 4, 2015
I don't let them off the call till they fix everything. But the NOC guys I've talked to are great. The field engineers and call centre staff do not usually know what I'm talking about either so I always ask for an NOC guy to call back.

thenav33n

May 10, 2017
They are asking me to pay one time charge of INR 2,500/- for static IP
But they are not clarifying if it will be a Public or private static IP.
Does any one know what type of static IP they might be assigning if I paid 2,500/-