Reliance Wimax Broadband: reliance wimax launched in pune?

• Thread starter Thread starter meaculpa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 27,767
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am facing the same problem for now a month excluding few lucky days but Reliance has no answer for that. Even their main control center doesn't know what is the problem. I think may be they just don't allow you to get ip address if you are connected for too much time or if you have downloaded certain amount of data. Especially when you have unlimited connection. I am not sure but Tata does this kind of automatic disconnection. Let us see how many people get this problem.Rahul.

The connection is not working again for the last two days. It is raining for the last two days. Reliance engineer had called me once the connection started working last time and informed me that there was some problem in the ip distribution code so you were not getting an ip. Now there shouldn't be any problem. The connection worked for 4-5 days when the weather was fine. Let us see when it starts working again. What is the experience of other users?Rahul.

I have a sneaky feeling this is not WiMAX technology, some older/crappy microwave/wireless tech which Reliance is calling WiMAX for hype/marketing purposes...I doubt WiMAX tech should suffer from the effects of rain... unless this is some old revision of the tech.

Today Reliance call center told that there is a problem on their side and it will be rectified soon. So may be it is not because of rain. Rahul.

maybe the call center people are scamming you 🙂

I am facing the same problem for now a month excluding few lucky days but Reliance has no answer for that. Even their main control center doesn't know what is the problem. I think may be they just don't allow you to get ip address if you are connected for too much time or if you have downloaded certain amount of data. Especially when you have unlimited connection. I am not sure but Tata does this kind of automatic disconnection. Let us see how many people get this problem.

Rahul.

I have been using Reliance wi-max since last month, logically i have it installed last month but it has worked only for 10 days. The Ccustomer care guys only know 2 commands {ipconfig /release & ipconfig /renew} The service sucks...
If any one planning to take it, please dont keep any high hopes...and be ready to loose your installation money....

I think Reliance people themselves are not sure about how to solve the problems. My connection started working yesterday afternoon after a gap of 2 days, without any changes from my side. I just tried those two magical commands for 4 hours continuously and I got connected. There is some big problem in their software.Rahul.

😛hello all.,i have registered today for reliance wimax 150 line unlimited acceess.,750/-pls. tell me what speed u getting in torrent downloads.,?also i asked for demo of the connection and da guy [head] gave me @ their place.,the downloading speed was 30 kbps using DAP., constant.,.,so i thought i should try.,lets see whats happens., they r coming tomorrow for installation.,also he tld me they r the partner of reliance....named AIRNET..also he told me i cant use it on linux may be he doesnt know tot conigure it.,ne body here tried this connection in linux., pls reply. -i am in hadapsar area.,

Hi again,Just for your information. The connection was working fine for exactly one week, again I am having the same problem with getting ip for a day. Now I am waiting for Reliance engineer. Rahul.

Deleted member 2914, get it installed on Windows. We'll then see how to get it to work on Linux 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
no man ., very bad new., wimax is not available in my areathey came @ my place after 1 week ., with a "telsima" equipment for wimax connection., and he settled up alll the needed settings in windows .🙁but they didnt found my area feasible for their wimax.,means not a single connectivity on my BUILDINGS TERRACE .i was madly searching for signals everywhere on terrace by uplifting that antenna by hands.,coz., this is the only cheap and high speed wireless connection today.,though they tell they r giving u 150 kbps connection but speed actually i checked was equivalent to 256 conection.only @ 750/- per month........tax extra.c ya later.so they went back..,.now i am going for tata indiacom 128 unlimited plan.,

Going for TATA? Indicom-Indicom or Indicom-TTML?[To avoid confusion, Kbps = Kilo bits per second, KBPS = Kilo Bytes Per Second]The reason I am asking is that I have been using a Tata Teleservices Maharashtra Limited 256Kbps Unlimited ADSL connection (with static ip) for more than 45 days now. The speeds were good at the beginning. I could download a 100MB file in about 70 minutes (from 6PM to about 10-11AM). During peak hours it took just over two hours to do the same. But over the past two weeks, I only get 25KBPS download speeds between 1-2AM and 10-11AM. Rest of the time, the speeds don't exceed 10KBPS. Generally it is 3-5KBPS. And if I use the browser (firefox) to download a big file during the day, the download never completes because the connection is dropped.I have already given a disconnection request more than a week back and the Tata people keep calling me asking why I want to disconnect? In spite of telling them about the unsatisfactory speeds, they have not proceeded with the disconnection, thereby forcing me to pay INR 30 for every additional day of pathetic service.I am planning to go for reliance, either ADSL or WIMAX and have contacted them. No response from their side as of now.Anyway, hope that TI works for you.

hi gregory house ,TTML MEANS net via the phone like insttrument from LG AND ITS A wireless ?pls. correct me if i am wrong.,i am going for 128 Kbps line with static ip.(cable connection with router the tata indicom guy told me.)do u have any idea of the same....?.,/pls .let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
The broadband provided by Tata Teleservices Maharashtra Limited is provided via your telephone line. A splitter is attached to the line (which separates the voice and data traffic). You can have both a telephone and a broadband connection from the same or either of the two.

For broadband a wire is plugged into the dsl slot of the splitter and the other end is plugged into an adsl2+ router which can then be connected to the network card of your computer. A static ip is provided.

They are not providing internet via a Fixed Wireless Phone.

Tata Indicom provides internet via cable. Check with the fellow what kind he is providing.

Tata Indicom Broadband website is www.tataindicombroadband.in
Tata Indicom (Tata Teleservices) website is www.tataindicom.com

I have been using Reliance wimax for the last one month. It worked like a charm for the first three weeks.On 8th Sept I had problems with connectivity and was not getting ip address. Registered a SR.Status of SR on 8th: Escalated to Network Dept.Status of SR on 9th: Escalated to Net Dept with a bit more priority.Status of SR on 10th : Escalated to Net Dep with high priority.Status of SR on 11 th: Escalated to Ne Dep with higher priority.Status of SR Today: Escalated to Network Depa with highest priority.Tomorrow, when I call them, they are going to escalate this SR to Network dpt with extreme priority, but there won't be a solution. I am sure of it.Now I don't have broadband connection for these 5 days now. I called them on all the above days and the response from their customer service was really pathetic.They offered to send one Engineer on Monday, but he didn't reach the destination in time and I was forced to leave office after waiting for him.In short reliance customer service for wimax royally sucks. I have not experienced such a worst customer service for any other service that I have used so far...So please go for reliance wimax if you want an intermittent fast and speedy connection, but don't go for that if you want a reliable connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.