help me

jrkthefreak

hey guys My p3 1.1 ghz takes a lot of time to start (about 5 - 10 min)and i get the foll error"CMOS Checksum error Defaults loaded"I even tried changing the cmos battery but that didn't workpls help

errm. if u have changed the cmos battery... i had suggest you to take the computer to a computer dude... coz it might be a bad motherboard.

Get ur RAM checked for the slow booting prob. And see if there are any viruses/worms on the PC.As for the error message, I think its a case of BIOS corruption. Try to reflash the BIOS with the current version from the mainboard website. The 1.13GHz Tualatin CPUs are a constant source of harassment though ! :angry:

"
CMOS Checksum error Defaults loaded
"[/b]

lol . If u have tried changing the battery and u still get error than it is bcoz ur jumper settingss are surely wrong .. Check ur motherboard guide .. or look for a small jumper just nearby the battery .. it will be covering 2 pins out of 3 .. just pick it up and if it is covering first two pins out of 3 .. then put it again so that it covers second and third pin or vice-versa ..

i think the crucial point is whether someone messed with the motherboard before the problem started occuring. 🙂

Someone messing around with the mobo is not impossible though.Consolidate our views and do the needful...😀

he managed to change the cmos battery by himself. i guess he will manage the jumper things as well 🙂

Originally posted by jrkthefreak@Jun 13 2005, 08:07 PM
hey guys
My p3 1.1 ghz
takes a lot of time to start (about 5 - 10 min)and i get the foll error
"
CMOS Checksum error Defaults loaded
"
I even tried changing the cmos battery but that didn't work
pls help
[snapback]12592[/snapback]
[/quote]

after the error and the system is on, what time does the system show? current time ?

No, it showed the time and date when Bill Gates would make Windows FREE for everyone....AAahhh.....😉 Sorry, i just couldnt resist....No offence.....