Is my Speed getting Throttled, Capped or It have some other definition?

• Thread starter Thread starter raman07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 1,865
ISP
Netplus
My maximum bandwidth limit is 4mbps down and 4mbps upload. I get speed of 512KB/s+ in IDM when i use 16 connection concurrently. But as you know in browser or while updating software. It uses single connection most of time and my speed do not go above 30KB/s - 40KB/s and also video streaming sites do not play video in HD without buffer with such speed.
Only in morning before 9am I can play all HD videos on any site without buffer and can download anything in browser with Full speed of 512KB/s and in IDM with up to 512KB/s speed just by using 1 connection compare to 16 connection. And after 9am my speed suddenly reduce to 30KB/s-40KB/s as compare to 512KB/s

So is it throttling, Capping or what?
What i know about throttling is act of reducing speed of certain application but in my case over all speed reduce but can get full speed in IDM if i use 16+ connection co currently. And also if it was just throttling then it could be avoided by using VPN but here VPN make no difference.

Capping : What I know about capping is reducing speed overall of bandwidth but i am able to get full bandwidth speed by using multiple connection. Only problem occur while surfing on browser or updating software since such task can not use multiple connection. And i get only 30KB/s 40KB/s but in morning time i can get Full 512KB/s on everything.

So it is throttling, capping or any other issue?