10Mbps: Act Broadband Bangalore New plans W.e.f Jan'12

• Thread starter Thread starter audioslave
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 149
  • Views Views 59,221
I'm also interested in knowing this as I'm planning to move to this area soon.

yo everybody i want to go for this connection.i have also network coverage in my area but the worst thing is logging in.we have do this freaking log in which i hate very much.anybody there who clarify this doubt???.....any other way to avoid this?i want to access internet when i on the computer.just like bsnl 😛 😛 😛 😀 😀 😀

yo everybody i want to go for this connection.i have also network coverage in my area but the worst thing is logging in.we have do this freaking log in which i hate very much.anybody there who clarify this doubt???.....any other way to avoid this?i want to access internet when i on the computer.just like bsnl 😛 😛 😛 😀 😀 😀
Yes it is possible, read a few other threads if you want more details.....but basically it involves setting your username and password in your router.

HI,Tried to apply for ACT broadband, so called customer care.the lady informed me that ,if the my locality is with in their network range i'll receive SMS informing that provide your documents to our team during the time of their visit.The are for which i requested is PADMANABHANAGAR, Utharalli main road, Bangalore and i did received SMS stating to provide documents to the team member. its been 10 days still no one visited and also applied online still same result.Called call center again the executive said same thing.The company is responding so late for new connection then i'm wondering whats the situation of existing customers..Now i'm thinking not to go for ACT Broadband.Regards,Vikas

HI,

Tried to apply for ACT broadband, so called customer care.
the lady informed me that ,if the my locality is with in their network range i'll receive SMS informing that provide your documents to our team during the time of their visit.

The are for which i requested is PADMANABHANAGAR, Utharalli main road, Bangalore and i did received SMS stating to provide documents to the team member.

its been 10 days still no one visited and also applied online still same result.

Called call center again the executive said same thing.
The company is responding so late for new connection then i'm wondering whats the situation of existing customers..

Now i'm thinking not to go for ACT Broadband.

Regards,
Vikas

Dear Vikas

Sorry about the delay, just mail me your phone no/ address to me actian@acttv.in - will ensure the documents are collected and completion of the connection soon.

Rgds

Hi, due to the fast growth the area coverage keeps changing month on month. Moreover we will not be in position to share the info of total coverage due to competition even though we map each & every bit of our network elements. Our plan is to cover the entire Bangalore city in a year.

rgds

rgds

ACTian -

Is there a final list of Areas that are covered?

It will really help if you guys can MAP this on a custom 'Google Map' and update/ show its current & planned coverages?

I am sure you guys use some MAPPING mechanism INTERNAL to the company to KEEP TRACK of areas that are:
- Already covered
- Undergoing Discussion / Construction / Work in Progress etc.
- Future plans etc.

Maybe you can just make it or a slightly abstracted version VISIBLE here or on your website.

- Yes, coverage area keeps changing & growing. That is why it makes SENSE to map it. Every telecom company in the world maps COVERAGE and shows it to Customers.
- You dont have to SHOW your NETWORK elements but a MAP of COVERAGE does not do ANYTHING for your COMPETITION. It gives VISIBILITY to your CUSTOMERS.
... I've done consulting work for several Telcos/ISPs in the US and there are times people have MOVED to certain areas to get certain ISP Coverage (e.g. Verizon FiOS)

- The reason I ask for a VISIBLE MAP is that gives your EXISTING & PROSPECTIVE CUSTOMER ability to CHOOSE PLACE OF RESIDENCE based on the PREFERENCE to have your Services.
- There are many IT/ Young Professionals in Bangalore who rent apartments/ house to live in. I know people who have RENTED their own place and moved to diff area to be closer to OFFICE.

- MYSELF & LOT OF OTHER - INTERNET SAVVY people would be able to Choose RESIDENCE / RENTAL based on your COVERAGE AREAS.

- If anything it will be better than answering every customer, here on the forum or when they call you by providing them easy ACCESS to the COVERAGE MAP.

- It will help YOU get more Customers, faster. How? For people in your coverage are who have other ISP, who are too lazy to ask & call you or apply to your office it will be clear VISIBILITY. Then they can switch over quick & easy. No customer enjoys doing lot of LEG WORK & PHONE CALLS to JUST FIND OUT if you SERVICE their area. Its a PAIN in already BUSY LIVES.

>> I know you're thinking this is not good. My suggestion is please take this IDEA up to your Management & Execs and it will ring a bell.

It does not need to show your Network Information but Coverage Information.

e.g.
Coverage Maps for AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile & more | OpenSignalMaps
AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint. The truth about voice coverage?

Maybe EXISTING CUSTOMERS can start MAPPING points & their Experiences on a COLLABORATIVE Google map.

Collaborating and sharing - Maps Help

Hi,Can anyone post a speedtest report of ACT to sites outside India - Like San Francisco, Toyko, London or Sydney ?Thanks in Advance.

from last 4 monts i am calling act regarding the coverage in kormangala 6th block and ejipura. So if they planing to cover whole bangalore i thing it will happen in 2014. So all the peoples waiting for that dream connection good luck. I really lost all my hopes on act. they are still there as they were 4 months back ..

Hello Actian,I'm using Airtel for the past 6yrs.. I'm not satisfied with the speed they provide in my area.. Every time I ask them for plan change they say no feasibility.. Can you tell me if ACT is available in Sanjay Nagar ??

Hi,
Can anyone post a speedtest report of ACT to sites outside India - Like San Francisco, Toyko, London or Sydney ?

Thanks in Advance.

Does that matter???

Youtube plays HD videos without buffering.
700 MB Movie file downloads in just 15 mins.
Sites like novamov and other players which stream movies too play without any buffer.
Getting full speed in Download.com site and other App sites(foreign) too.

I hardly care now what speed i get when i check for San Fransisco.

Hello Actian,

I'm using Airtel for the past 6yrs.. I'm not satisfied with the speed they provide in my area.. Every time I ask them for plan change they say no feasibility..

Can you tell me if ACT is available in Sanjay Nagar ??

New area covered is updated in the list... check

Does that matter???

I hardly care now what speed i get when i check for San Fransisco.

It does matter if you are using your internet connection to work and not just download the latest stuff.

For sites that are not akamai-ed, single stream bandwidth becomes very important for certain apps - like point to pint video conf with someone say at San Francisco.

Given that ACT is not a primary ISP, but rents bandwidth from Vodafone, their international throttling becomes significant.

BTW, answering my question speed beyond Singapore is around 3 - 4 Mbps single stream on an average.

nice pans but Same word again from me "Act is not covered in most of major places"

Down the line in 8 months ACT has covered major part of Bangalore and are fast covering, the uptime in 45 days of my usage is 99.99%.

Does anyone know if ACT is there in Defence Colony, Indiranagar, Bangalore? When I called them, they said it was available, but then I got a short SMS saying it wasn't available in my area.