IS Act Fibernet Upgrading their plans in Bangalore for 2016 ?

• Thread starter Thread starter internet_guy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 5,646
ISP
ACT
considering the fact cities like hyderbad,chennai,vijayawada are getting better package for the money they are paying while Bangaloreans just like for everything have to shell out extra bucks for a decent internet plan compare to other states

if the do upgrade the plans ,i hope they don't bump up the speed and still stick to same data limit with that pathetic 512 kbps post fup speed ,what's the point having 40 mbps speed with 50gb and throttling to 512 kbps ,

Last edited:
is bangalore still at 512Kbps ?

Hyderabad, I use 2Mbps FUP

Why don't you check weinternet. They have better plans in Bangalore and Mumbai. Am In chennai act still doesn't have good post fup speeds.

@rahul141 - unfornately yeah not just act even bsnl doing the same thing and i feel all these folks decide to stick 512 kbps as post fup speed
@arunkris- it's only available in mumbai and solapur,act has much broader network in bangalore and least downtime but lately their plans have become expensive aafter adding service tax and the post fup speeds are on par with bsnl and airtel ,which is a joke when you can provide so much bandwidth on a fibre cable

Post Fup speeds is worse in chennai too.
Why can't anyone provide atleast 4 to 6 mbps post fup when pre fup is 100 mbps.
Hope ACT people do that in future to be more successful ( would be a game changer for chennai)

no new intetnert players in Bangalore compare to hyderabad ,heck even small players in AP two tier cities are offering better packages than all these major players in major cities even their fup is 1 mbps to 2 mbps

Post Fup speeds is worse in chennai too.
Why can't anyone provide atleast 4 to 6 mbps post fup when pre fup is 100 mbps.
Hope ACT people do that in future to be more successful ( would be a game changer for chennai)

wow i remember those days in chennai where i used to use dial ups and end up paying 2k and the situation seems to be same though this time around it's the fup which is the killer ,only if these cities had some vision to have underground fibre cables installed all over the city

Am planning to get railwire 4 mbps truly unlimited plan. It will be available through local cable operators. Reviews have been good.
Many ISPs like tikona use it for providing us crappy service ( splitting bandwidth).
Best contention ratio for home broadband 1:3 to 1:4.
Must be available in Bangalore too.

Am planning to get railwire 4 mbps truly unlimited plan. It will be available through local cable operators. Reviews have been good.
Many ISPs like tikona use it for providing us crappy service ( splitting bandwidth).
Best contention ratio for home broadband 1:3 to 1:4.
Must be available in Bangalore too.

anything less than 20mbps wouldn't do it for me man ,i don't have problem with act connection ,even though i cross the data limit on the last week of the month their post fup speed which has been the issue coz it's just frustrating to be stuck on that speed after getting 30mbps speed , all they need to do is upgrde the post fup 512 kbps which has been long overdue and also slight increase of data limit which make more sense than bumping up the pre fup speed

i have no idea,check with them by contacting their customer care on phone ,you can get their customer care number from their websites