BSNL Broadband speed not upgraded

• Thread starter Thread starter yashagarwal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 12,258
I recently changed my plan from ULD845 to ULD 1445 with 1 mbps post FUP.
I gave the application last Saturday and it got activated on Tuesday. I did have a modem which was provided by BSNL when I got my connection in 2008 but now I have been using a router and the modem is not in use. I just had to write an application mentioning my customer id and the plan I wanted.

@Remo R
Where are you from? Under what criteria did you have the modem? Rental? Purchased?
As per BSNL, I got modem "rental free" and so to change the plan from what I applied at the time of activation, I have to return the modem. I applied on 13th April, today is 29th April.
I had complained about this issue on PG portal of BSNL. As per them, there is a software issue but since it is centralized, I have to return to modem.

I am from Pune, I don't clearly remember if I had purchased or rented the modem and no one asked me about the modem when I submitted the application.

I guess the BSNL guys in my circle are not not bothered about modems and adapters. A few years back when my adapter broke down I got it replaced free of charge by going to the office.

@Remo R
You're lucky. Here in Kolkata, the situation is reversed. They are very much bothered about modems. I had to replace my modem 2 years back when the modem I got from BSNL broke down. I had mentioned this to the Commercial Officer but she was adamant that I will have to return the modem whether or not in working condition. They are least bothered about fixing glitches in their systems.
Anyway, tomorrow a guy from BSNL will pick up the modem. Let's see when my plan gets changed.
If still there is no solution due to their system being at fault, I'll complain on PG Portal of Central Govt.

@Saurav
BSNL has been decent for me ...I have been using it for 8 years and hardly had any downtime. But the speed is not great , for 2mbps I get a maximun speed of about 1.62 mbps. After I started using the router (TP-Link) there has been more disconnection. BSNL technician says it the router's fault and the router customer service says there are problems in the connection.

Why don't you shift to other players. In my area I have only option of BSNL along with Hathway(wired) and Tikona(wireless) which are worse then BSNL as per reviews from the guys using it in my area.

I have applied for Railwire connection twice in the past month by registering on the website but havent got any calls from them.

I don't have downtime either on BSNL but when it comes to Customer Service, I face a lot of problems. Hence I have saved phone numbers of technicians in BSNL so that whenever there is something wrong, I contact them directly.

As for other ISPs, there is no one here with decent plans. Stuck with BSNL. We have Alliance, Wishnet etc. but these are maintained by Cable operators who are least bothered when there is a downtime.

I have submitted for a plan change (downgrade) today by submitting an application at the local exchange. The guy there said it will take two working days.

@Saurav

I had the same issue, the maximum speed I was getting was 1.62 mbps so I complained by dailling 198 from my landline and registered a complaint. I got a call from BSNL guy in 2-3 hrs time on my registered mobile number,(they had called on landline but no one was home). I told him about the speed and he assured me he will take care of it.

I got home in the evening and checked,the speed is above 2 mbps.

5297930060.png

Last edited:
@Remo R

Thanks. I'll try that. BSNL needs to get better because frankly their reach is better compared to others. But pathetic upload speed. I got 1.68 mbps download and 0.38 mbps upload just now.

I'll register a complaint and see how things go forward from there.

Remo R which plan are you using? 1445? 1Mbps after FUP? Some people saying speed increase some saying decreased what is the actual position?

@Remo R

198 registerscomplaint automatically and therefore I'm unable to do the same for slow speed. Anything I'm missing here?