Beware of Spectranet - don't lose your money

• Thread starter Thread starter DGMum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 5,915
Please check reviews on multiple review sites - mouthshut, IBF, others. You'll get the picture that Spectranet is either a very unethical company or grossly incompetent. You should not waste your money on them in either case. This is an ISP that should lose its license.

1. Spectranet have many tricks to cheat you out of your money.
For example, "no refund" policy.
But, that's not the only one. Ever heard of a telecom company selling you a 1month PREPAID connection and then trying to charge for the second month - without any new connection or renewal. Well, Spectranet does exactly that. And then claim dues from you for services you never bought or used!!

2. Spectranet's billing system is completely ad-hoc. I know of people who have not been billed, and others who are fighting to get their money back because there was no service. For example, They have delays in install. But the charging starts from the date they have hidden in the system that the user will not even be aware of. If the real activation happens a month after their the system activation date, they fully charge you for that one month. And then the customer service claims that there is no provision in the system to correct the activation date!!!
How is that a customer's problem, Spectranet?

Spectranet wants to keep the money but not provide the service.

3. There is no customer service. It should be called Spectranet Customer Harassment department.
You keep calling them, and they have no record of your previous calls. You write to them to the office helpdesk email id from your registered email id to avoid losing track of the complaint. The helpdesk actually tells you they are not aware of your email!

In my case, they took advance payment for 8 months, and have only provided service for 3 months and 10 days. Since then, there is no service and no refund. After numerous follow-ups with their circle head and their appeals office, a technical guy calls me from Delhi, asks me questions and then confirms that all service logs at their end confirm my story. There are email instructions from their team to their customer service to take care of the problem. What do I get? Pre-packaged replies that they have looked at the problem, their system cannot be corrected. So, forget the money they already gobbled and just pay Spectranet more to give you a connection!!!

Please take my advice. Donate your money to the needy. Don't waste it on Spectranet.

These guys behave like cheats. My only explanation for them is in Indian mythology. Spectranet customers like me must have committed some sins in past lives. Subscription to Spectranet is a way for the almighty to make us pay for our past sins.

The Spectranet guys asked us to send them the original CAF and other details again... they don't seem to be able to find their own records to solve problems! Sent them that and a summary history of the problem, and a sample set of emails written to them to solve the issue.

Maybe, I can still hope for a resolution.

Promises, promises and more promises.
No result.
Spectranet customer service department seems to be staffed by local politicians!

I am going to guess you have not dealt with many internet service providers in the country. Subscribe to Airtel Broadband if you want a stable internet connection.

I am going to guess you have not dealt with many internet service providers in the country. Subscribe to Airtel Broadband if you want a stable internet connection.

I get what you mean - most of the ISPs are like this. I have had connections from Spectanet, MTNL DSL and Tata photon, other than the old dial-up internet. I don't normally change connections if the connection is good.

Even MTNL, the connection itself was stable, but I did have couple of problem with the line and the router they provided and the response time to fix problems was very slow. Often they did not have equipment spares, and MTNL linemen+broadband men still had a very sarkari attitude. Fixed that largely via connecting with the DGM a couple of times and he took care of issues after that.

I had moved to Spectranet for the added speed. To be fair, I did not really have problems with Spectranet connection stability. Yes, it did slow down sometimes. The main problem Spectranet have is their atrocious billing system and customer care. Worse than MTNL in that department. Just don't seem to be able to keep track of who has paid what and the service actually delivered against that payment. If they can fix that, they will be able to pick up a lot of customers.

Spectranet COO @NITIN is a a member of the forum and has his email listed in a public Spectranet thread (He could not solve my problem though but I am still a subscriber). You can try sending him an email he usuall responds in a couple days.

Spectranet FOX

This is as good as archived post. However I take this opportunity to comment. Every ISP in India is more or less same when it comes to services & value for money. They are all pathetic in some or the other way. I find that spetranet has very rude & dishonest policies. They talk & interact as if they are greedy for money Taking your money is their first priority.

Here are some of their terms & conditions put in simple words

• Term of contract have lot of amazing features so once it commences termination shall not result into any refund
  • I will swipe my credit card on the secure terminal carried by your representative & my card will automatically be charged every month.

Spectranet the Amazing(?) Internet!!