Need views on ACT fibernet in chennai

ISP
BSNL
HI all,
I have been using BSNL broadband for the last couple of years through quite a few problems. I am looking at ACT fibernet as a replacement option. I would be grateful if you guys can tell me its quality of service here in chennai, what i should know/ be vary of etc..By browsing through these threads it looks like the customer service is a major issue .would like some input on that. Also I am living in Virugambakkam area. So if anybody using it here in virugambakkam can share their experience , it would be very helpful to me.

thanks in advance

fully fraud i will not suggest the ACT connection in chennai.....they will not give response to the customers they think like they spent money from his pockets... we are paying money but they not even listen the issues most of the time i got the connectivity issue. even am new customer to ACT they will not provide the services properly .but they stick with the money.... always connectivity issue not only with me also for my friends.... totally waste of getting this connection.....

Works great for me. I've never had a single minute of downtime (except for the time thy switched it off during the rains). Speeds are as good as advertised. Very low latency. Great for gaming and HD streaming. Pretty much everyone in my neighbourhood have moved to ACT. I don't know about the quality of service in Virugambakkam, so you may want to check with neighbours or friends who have the service. Customer service is very poor. Just make sure the initial installation is done well and you probably won't have too many issues after that.

Echo what Zaphod said. Also
  • You do not get a public IP due to NAT, so limitations on port forwarding and related services.
  • I've experienced occasional hiccups here and there with Netflix, Hulu and other HD streaming, but that could be due to a myriad of other factors.
  • Customer care is not 24/7 and there are long wait times. One thing to keep in mind is that you will generally find people taking the time out of their busy lives to post only the negative stuff on forums and good customer service(if any) gets overlooked. For me, they have always been polite and does tend to emergency situations rather quickly.
  • There have been reports of rival local cable operators sabotaging ACT lines on a regular basis if there is heavy competition in the area. So uptime depends upon your luck to be honest.
  • Getting the initial connection is tiresome, you may have to wait. Do not go for their yearly plan in the beginning, see how it works out for you and change if you would like later.
  • Speeds are among the highest and consistent. 1:1 DL/UL ratio. Uploads are not counted in FUP limit. (They've introduced some twin load crap that I see advertised all over - it's basically an upload FUP cap).
Overall I recommend them over any other provider in Bangalore and Chennai both in terms of value for money as well as service.