Trying to replace Airtel router with my own- PPPoE problem?

• Thread starter Thread starter rack201
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 27,704
Doh! Then it is also not doing the tagging! errr wtf! If that is the case then you should be able connect with your laptop connected directly to the Alcatel. In my case, the airtel router, a binatone model does the VLAN tagging, I have mine set to tagged bridge, that way I can connect my router without the need to tag.

Maybe hookup to the alcatel directly to your laptop and reboot the alcatel, allow it to clear the PPPoE session on airtel's end? I am at a total loss now.

Last edited:
Then how to connect to internet

The odd bit here is the error on the PPPoE dialer. I thought it was due to the VLAN, but apparently not.

The best way would be with the D-Link hooked up, like it was before.

so what are the alternatives on the pppoe dialer ? Please help me.

I am trying mate, but the issue here is the setup isn't like what airtel did for my FTTH. Since FTTH isn't common, its hard to know in full detail all the variables.

One other question, do you have a landline from airtel? If yes, how is that hooked up?

Yes i have a landline which is hooked up to alcatel modem. it has 2 telephone jacks.

Ok, that is same way as mine. In that case, you could try VLAN ID (802.11Q) as 1910, which is what the have set on mine, you never know if the use the same ID everywhere. On V-fiber they use 100.

In device manager, your LAN card, right click, properties, go to VLAN and add it, set ID to 1910 and see that works.