1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Help - Reliance Netconnect+ speed capped to 1mbps

Discussion in 'Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus' started by MediaFire, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Saurabh Srivastava

Saurabh Srivastava Well-Known Member
    Regulars

@x720 I can see my city listed at URL http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet_coverage.html but I wanted to be 100% sure before ordering if Rcom has stopped EVDO in my city the ordered dongle would be useless for me already two locked dongles are lying in my home :oops:

2. x720

x720 Incoherent Poster
    Regulars

CC won't help you. Go to local rcom store and ask. If evdo is there, then use the link in my previous post to check site level coverage.

Saurabh Srivastava likes this.
  3. Saurabh Srivastava

Regulars

Ok will visit nearest Rcom Store if its present or not.

4. x720

x720 Incoherent Poster
    Regulars

Also, if you can tell me your city, I can get the same confirmed for you.

5. Saurabh Srivastava

Regulars

that will be great for me :clap: its Mirzapur UP-East circle

6. x720

x720 Incoherent Poster
    Regulars

Cool. Will get back in a while.

7. mebaali

mebaali Newbie
    Regulars

I am not an netconnect+ user but just wanted to chime in my experience with Reliance CDMA prepaid plan 949 on a unlocked Huawei modem.

My location (Rangapuram, Vellore, Tamilnadu) has got no alternative to BSNL in terms of wired broadband connection so I was left with mobile internet options. I was looking for somewhat speedy net connection that didn't cost me a lot and had sufficient download limit. That's when the guidance of @x720 helped me choose Reliance CDMA prepaid plan of Rs 949 along with unlocked Huawei EC306 dongle for FUP less data plan. BTW, my house is located less than 2 miles from the lone Reliance tower (with only EVDO-A provision) and MTS tower.

I have been using this connection for over a month now, I get 3 to 4 bars of network signal across my house. Speeds are very consistent (anywhere between 1.5 mbps to 2 mbps) at most of the times with occasional speed bursts of 2.5 mbps for an hour or two a day. I haven't experienced any speed throttling or capping yet.

Cheers!

(Apologies to OP for being OT with my post, just wanted to share my experience of non-throttled speed hence posted here)

8. Saurabh Srivastava

Regulars

@mebaali have you purchased any router to use it on both pc and phone?

9. mebaali

mebaali Newbie
    Regulars

I am using the dongle with TP-Link's TD-W8968 (has version 4 firmware, was using with BSNL broadband previously) and connected to 4 devices through LAN port (devices are not always on) and 6 devices through Wi-Fi (again not always all the devices are on).

10. MediaFire

MediaFire Twisted
    Regulars

@mebaali , thanks for sharing the details , so there is hope that someday i will get 3mbps in reliance in some other place :D