1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Help - Reliance Netconnect+ speed capped to 1mbps

Discussion in 'Reliance Netconnect Broadband Plus' started by MediaFire, Dec 1, 2015.

1. MediaFire

MediaFire Twisted
    Regulars

Reliance Netconnect+ speed capped to 1mbps , changed the modem location , switched USB ports and tried different download source but speed never goes beyond 1mbps

something to do the with the setting ? or could it be from reliance end ?

am getting HSD signal

JohnSebastian likes this.
  2. x720

x720 Incoherent Poster
    Regulars

Reliance end. Some sites are capped at 1mbps. You can't do anything per se.

Of course, you can complain to PGPortal or threaten disconnection. That should get you in touch with local MCN. You could then ask them to remove capping.
    Whether its worth the effort or not, is your choice.

3. MediaFire

MediaFire Twisted
    Regulars

@x720 its not limited to certain sites , all of them , havent tried the torrents though

right , so this seems to be the dead end not worth the fight when this is just a temporary connection

offtopic , reliance true UL plan is not available for TN circle and its the same with reliance 3 too

4. JohnSebastian

JohnSebastian New Member

I'm from Maharashtra. For me, speed has been capped to 1Mbps since June 2014. I tried other two reliance modems of my friends, but it's same. I also tried connection at two different cities.. it's capped there too. I contacted reliance via live chat where I was told that speed was ok and there was no issue from there end. I sent two emails to netconnect department -- last email was sent on Oct. 2015. I received no response from them. I have been using reliance since last 9 years.

5. fairusagepfft

fairusagepfft Member
    Regulars

They have indeed capped the speed to 1 Megabit per second at least statewide. And I have tried a lot of ways of contacting them and I've been told that 1 Megabit on a 3 Megabit plan is "more than enough", as if I am being greedy asking what I paid for. I don't know how well Pgportal will work for this, but I doubt anything positive will come out of it.

JohnSebastian likes this.
  6. Saurabh Srivastava

Saurabh Srivastava Well-Known Member
    Regulars

I must say Reliance has most pathetic CC,I want to start using 949UL plan so before ordering a CDMA dongle I thought to have a chat with CC regarding coverage. I waited in queue for more than 30min and nobody came to attend me.I haven' wait that much even in case of BSNL CC.

#6 Saurabh Srivastava, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  7. MediaFire

MediaFire Twisted
    Regulars

but even at 1mbps this plan is the best among wireless i would say , atleast for those who have thin broadband service or residing in remote areas

reliance knows that no other network is offering any true UL plan , so we are left with reliance alone to choose !!

8. Saurabh Srivastava

Saurabh Srivastava Well-Known Member
    Regulars

Yeah and BSNL has shitty approach for his CDMA services

9. MediaFire

MediaFire Twisted
    Regulars

BSNL was always pawned in the game by politicians in support of corporate companies , its a loss for all indians

ministers fingered it to gain from corporate and we are losers here .

btw BSNL has pulled the plug in few CDMA circles

10. x720

x720 Incoherent Poster
    Regulars

@ Saurabh Srivastava

Check network.rcom.co.in

Shows 1X network availability, but gives an idea.