• Thread starter Thread starter Naix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,571
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
BSNL
Hello guys I don't usually post on these forums. But after getting annoyed by BSNL and their crappy service and last month's 2mbps fup policy stunt they pulled off, I finally decided to make the switch and migrated to Reliance Thunder. BSNL's and Reliance 2mbps plans cost almost the same. BUT Reliance is truly unlimited that is no FUP.

I sent a request on Reliance website and the support called next day, sent their representative to collect my application and then next day setup was ready. I had Reliance internet connection going smoothly.

So I play some games here and there. Mostly mmo games one of which is TERA. I was skeptical about switching to reliance at first because I heard its not good for gaming. Well guess what? That is KIND OF true. Most of the time the connection is really stable but there are times at night when its laggy, because of low speed. But so far its only been like 1 - 2 nights where I was lagging other times it was pretty smooth. When Reliance gives good consistent speeds playing games is fun and makes me glad I made the switch. BSNL I find it is more consistent with speeds than Reliance, but really its 2015 who the hell wants to stay in 512kbps era

So far I'm happy with the service I can stream videos on HD something which was a dream on BSNL connection, I rarely lag in games. I'm planning to switch to 4mbps connection next month since I need it for both work and gaming. Might also try Twitch streaming and post some hard stats.

For anyone in Ahmedabad looking for good internet, I recommend you guys try reliance thunder plans.

Thanks for Reading

hah. you are a lucky dude to have gotten a quick connection through their customer support.

I think he meant for the connection..following up the next day for connection is pretty fast

I think he meant for the connection..following up the next day for connection is pretty fast

I know what he meant they called up next day and gave connection after that which was surprising to me as well. Just saying haven't had any issue from their side so far. 🙂

Last edited:
Gujrat is no1 priority for rcom. Even mumbai is somewhat higher.

Mumbai RCOM has been going downhill for a while. Number of GSM sites have been reduced to 2100 from 2500 in the past two years. RCOM is the only operator I know that reduces cell sites in major markets. [emoji14]

Lucky you. After 2.5 years of usage, i m finally choosing another ISP.
Every 4-7 days of each month I have faced fluctuations.
I faced lockdowns after each 24 hour auto logout. It won't allow you to log in unless you wait for sometime.

Well, after all this i can conclude, none but all have some or the other problems.

Story is not same everywhere in ahmedabad. Although I'm keeping my thunder 699 connection since last 2 years because no other cheap and fup free connection in my area. High pings and overloaded gateway .. But still manageable. Sick of complaints to rcom and pgp. I have stopped wasting my energy now on these moron engineers.

Status
Not open for further replies.