Unending WiFi issues with Reliance ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance Broadband
Hey Guys,

I got a reliance broadband connection a month back and am facing the same issues repeatedly. The worst part is their support. Anyways, to be honest, I somewhat knew about their support thing but wasnt aware about the other ongoing issues :
1 - You have to be logged in to their portal every time you want to access internet. Its a major issue as I wanted a standard option for my mother and wife to be able to access internet on phone while I'm away 🙁
2 - Reliance broadband somehow dosnt like WiFi routers. I bought a TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router. It would disconnect randomly Once up, it wont even open the login page for some time but would start working automatically leaving me baffled !! I've returned the router thinking its got to be the router that's creating issues. While, I've bought a Netgear WNR614 N300 router (still on its way), I came across this forum and realized its an issue with Reliance not poor routers.

While the Reliance broadband's internet speed is decent and it works like charm, but only till starts showing tantrums. Can somebody please help me with the workaround if anybody has found it, in simple to follow steps. I would really appreciate . TIA 🙂

Thanks @chromaniac ..I did check it...and trying to work around on Python as never used it earlier. Any idea about the disconnection thing ?

you basically program the script to run continuously in the background on your computer. so if reliance disconnects and your computer is on, the script reconnects it without any user input. so basically. you would have a constantly running connection as long as your computer is up. i have not found a mobile app that does the same so this is not the perfect solution.

sometimes i have to restart the reliance modem to get it to work as it hangs sometimes. i have learnt to deal with the insanities. there is no other option that offers me unlimited 3.2mbps connection at Rs. 1250 in my area.

I got that. Basically I meant the Router part of my problem. I googled a lot to find something called MAC Spoofing. Not sure if this solves one part of the problem

Can't say about router problems. I have used two routers on my Reliance connection and both of them have worked fine with the modem provided by Reliance. Are you trying to replace the Reliance modem with a combo device?

Reliance here does not provide any Router...nor do they provide any sort of support/troubleshooting. They just bring the LAN cable to your place and leave everything upto you to manage !

I do not know if they call it Metro Ethernet...but its just the Ethernet cable that comes in my house.

🙄🙄:wasntme::wasntme::think::think: Whatever they want to call :devil:...It really dsnt bother me...:russianroulette: only thing I'm worried now is the Router setting that can prevent it from disconnecting on its own will :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.