What does this mean

W

ways2gain

[OP]
I was just d/l some s/w and it reads 37.5 KB/Second at that time continuously and 7 MB was thru in less than 3 minutes.What does it mean in term sof speed as we measure Dataone.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
multiply by 8 to get the figure in Kbps :)1 byte = 8 bits1 KB = 1024 bytes37.5 KB = 300 kbyou got 300 kbps!

W

ways2gain

[OP]
Thats a fine speed for BSNL to dleiver for my 256 connection. I am on a another s.w from another site and clocking between 33-37 KBps.But my office connections clocks much lower. Something fishy in that bloody line.

W

ways2gain

[OP]
My office timings are 10 to 8 and I get the worst speed from 10 to 5 and then also after 5 the speed is just about Ok and sometimes frustrating.At the same time if I leave home late at say 11 or 12, I get decent speed at the home.It could be distance from the exchange which does the damage or could be something wrong at their end. I need to really check this up next week.

H

Helios

[OP]
The slowdown during the office hours (10am-8pm) is due to the online share traders. :D

W

ways2gain

[OP]
You bet, I hate these online traders......they are online thru-out the day and kill the speed of others. I wish they took a sperate package and not put the load on our routes.Does the speed of others also fall during the day time drastically.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
they do not lay down the wires from the ISP. it is BSNL or any other ISPs responsibility to see that a commercial unit gets a commercial package. if share holders are using the same line as a general user... it is the fault of the service provider.

A

abdulrahman004

[OP]
You should repetedly complain...other wise they will do nothing