How to convert Vodafone Postpaid back to Prepaid?

• Thread starter Thread starter jakas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 40,465
Friends' experience a bit of a hassle. They give excuses to come exactly 2 days after bill date. And then try to delay with some other excuse & then once again ask to come exactly 2 days after bill date. Pressure did make them do it mid-month. But I guess to avoid arguing and wasting time, I would suggest going exactly 2 days after your billing date

Or, so that you dont blame me later. Better go one time before, to reconfirm the experience... So, that you get confirmation of what I said.

Also, get the name details of the rep you speak to.

ok will do that so I can then get that nodal officer to move his.........................

another trick to Make them easily allow you to convert is to request a PORT code, and once retention team calls you
tell them frankly that you guys are harassing me and I am porting out,
tell them you are ready to clear all dues and retain only if they convert it to prepaid on priority.

I am sure your number would be converted to pre-paid no matter what day of billing cycle it is.

So if you are on postpaid in one operator can you change to another on prepaid ?

Co owned outlets don't refuse for prepaid conversion. To find one is a bigger task. The one in malls are mostly co owned.
Yep porting to prepaid is another way but don't tell them you got postpaid while giving request else they'll also force you for postpaid.

Right. Just port out. Fuck these companies for not doing the right thing. Enjoy three months of low tariffs and move out again!

I did not had any issue when I converted my postpaid Vodafone plan to prepaid. Only thing they asked me to do was wait for 90 days. Before 90 days from service activation we couldnt convert (and port out as well perhaps).

How does it take for this conversion from postpaid to prepaid ? I know its real fast from prepaid to post paid

It is supposed to take 48 hours, provided you've cleared all dues. However, most operators make this process extremely difficult. Some excuses you'll get:

1. Prepaid sims are over. As if this really was a thing.
2. Wait till end of bill cycle. When bill cycle ends, you'll be given reason 1.
3. Your number is a 'special' one that can't be converted.

VF is particularly bad about this. I've had friends try to replace damaged sims only to be told, that the sim would be replaced only if they migrated to postpaid.

Anyway, if you face any of the above, porting out is far more hassle free.

I converted from Airtel pre to Post paid as needed to avail corporate plan
Total downtime was 1 night, Calls started in morning but MyAirtel took one more day to start showing the updated records.

Sales guy at Every operator would try to get you on post-paid, as they get HEFTY commissions when they sell/convert users a post-paid connection.

PORT out threat would work very well as I myself have tried it multiple times.