Claim warranty or Return new VU TV

• Thread starter Thread starter hitech0101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 12,397
Thing is, they do not make quality electronic these days. We all have great CRT stories from our past. I also have a Philips LCD 32" which is now almost 13-14 yrs old and works beautifully. It costed me around 2.5 L then, and it is made in Holland. Today, we cannot expect more than 3-4 yrs life of any LED Tv irrespective of the brand.

2.5L rs in 2002 is worth 6.5L rs tday inflation adjusted. I'd be pissed if it didn't perform atleast 15 years 😛

so they replaced the tv today. noticed something. the back panel is different on the new tv. the grill is missing from the back. i guess they changed something in the new batch. based on my experience, the new panel would also gain dark patches in a matter of months if not weeks.

1ctBNKX.jpg

also for the first time, i decided to try the media player feature on tv. never bothered before. and was surprised to see that it played a media file downloaded from the internet just fine. ui is bare bones. not sure if srt files are supported. but did what i wanted it to.

diaAzeI.jpg

i ordered a chinese media player from AliExpress yesterday. costs around rs. 2000. would post about it if and when i get it. hopefully it does not get stuck in customs.

Depends upon the nature of fault. The LCD panel of my VU TV had developed a patch and they replaced the TV entirely.