Claim warranty or Return new VU TV

• Thread starter Thread starter hitech0101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 12,401
Don't make that mistake. Now that I know there is a dead pixel I only see that pixel on the 40 inch display! [emoji23]

Hahahhaaha!

After delayed for a couple of months, sent a mail filing another complaint about the display which has again developed dark patches.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think VU tvs are people with real tight budgets. Displays definitely are not of the same quality of other expensive brands. My vu tv has been working fine so far but the quality of picture is difinitely lower to begin with. If you want a cheap tv and do not want the best picture quality out there then only VU tvs make sense.

I would have ordered TCL today. Prices are comparable, even lower in some cases to Vu and a much bigger brand.

Do not know about TCL but during the time i was buying LG, Sony and other stuff was expensive also i was going for 32 inch segment and only other brand which matched VU was MMX rest had lower resolution.

just a bad decision. i won't mind if they keep on sending me replacements during the warranty and extended warranty as i would at least have a decent tv for 3 years. lol. disposable garbage.

VU is definitely not recommended for quality, i expected issues the reason i went for extended warranty . Sony, LG , Samsung definitely have advantages . I have a LG (47') tv and would definitely buy LG again if am looking around for a quality purchase. Used it for close to 3.5 years without any issues . No burn in Very few dead pixels and yes picture quality is still close to what is was when brand new.

^ Thing is , with LG and Sony, IF the panel goes bad, it costs a bomb to replace it out of warranty.

Iam seeing a lot of Vu and mmx tv's in dentist offices, DTDC offices and what not

dad was quite happy with his decade old Panasonic crt tv. i was stupid enough to replace it with a cheapo vu. this is going to bite me in the ass when after 2-3 years i would need to replace it once again and dad would be giving me stares.

I dont know how long my Onida lasted

I remember watching Dekh Bhai Dekh on it so around 1993. So my guess would be it worked around 20 yrs!! (needed one repair of 200Rs in 2007 or so)

It died 2yrs back and then I got Vu (touchwood!)

Our Onida lasted 22 years! Its still being used by our watchman! Another BPL tv of ours worked for 8 years but it suddenly caught fire.

CRT tv have great picture. I remember when we bought our LCD some 4 years back, the picture sharpness was bad. Took us a month to get used to LCDs