Slash in Dataone charges

• Thread starter Thread starter Somjit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 9,655
well best of luck to all of us. we all expect cheap unlimited broadband. but i have doubts BSNL will be the saviour.

...i expect reliance to do the need ful

That is common for sarkari stuff...😀They are running the DataOne service for 6 months now. So, if the present unlimited download package dosent make them suffer losses, they might introduce an unlimited plan too !

I read each one of you and thought deeply.Unlimited pack for Rs 2500-4000 under 256 speed is workable becoz they have the same under 128 speed. SO WHY NOT AT 256.128 speed has lowest pack for Rs 300 or so where bandwidth for transfer is 500 mb so soon we may see Dataone also have a low end pack with say a 200-500 mb bandwidth ( transfers ) for say Rs 300 or so. This 300 bucks pack may draw some crowd I guess.Some this sort of repricing may lead them to better customer base numbers. Their advantage is that they already have their cables laid down as almost every house has a phone.Lets wait for new announcements in a week or 2. I am optimistic.

I think they will not lower bandwidth less than 256kbps as they cant call it broadband anymore as prescribed by TRAI.If they do so the "Broadband" will turn into a hype ! 😀I find it worth to take up DIAS Plan-0 instread of getting a DataOne package for 250-300/- with 300-400MB datacap.

No...2.5k for unlimited 256 connection is too costly. Currently exatt is offering 256 unlimited at Rs 720 (plus some maintainance charges)..If this private ISP can do this why cant BSNL

Most pvt ISPs dont give the speed that is promised by them. Often they fool around with the limiters.See the sector is unfolding itself and that shall be an ongoing process and hopefully we shall get full value for money in some time.

We must get real value for money...The Broadband Revolution has begun. :lol:

The revolution has begun and that is why the prices per month fell from 1000-1500 to 500 per month.

Sushubh - suggest me a tariff plan like BSNL has for various levels for both Home and Business. I shall send the same to BSNL top honchos, and wait for them to re-act. But make the charts realistic and workable so that they dont reject it outright. Do remember they shall review again after 6 months. Mid year they may also do some downward revision.

An Unlimited Plan for Rs. 1500/- is good enough.An Night Unlimited Plan for Rs. 750/- and 2 GB datacap is acceptable.

seriously. i would not even want to have a tarrif chart. just pure broadband at a fix rate. make it non-conditional. i like the concept of 15 dollars a month for a 2 meg line like my friend has in norway... here in india i had just like to have a flat package for 1000 bucks for 256kbps and 1500 bucks for 512kbps. corporate usage is something i had not comment on...i would not mind paying 2500-3000 bucks for a 1 meg line with no restriction and excellent customer support.