BBNL Mangalore

• Thread starter Thread starter Prithviraj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 17,768
ISP
BBNL
After about 2 months of irritating my cable operator, I finally got BBNL fibre connection at my place. I picked the 10mbps unlimited plan for 1200.

The speed is pretty good. But every few hours, I get a login page. I need to enter the login credentials to keep the connection alive.

1) Is there any way to bypass this login page
2) I get a error "Radius server is not responding" at the login page sometimes which keeps me disconnected from the internet.

How does BBNL work in Bangalore? Do you have to go through a login page as well AND do you get the problems i'm getting?

Is there any FUP in the plan?

And who is your cable operator in Mangalore?

No FUP on the 10MBps 1200 plan. There is a 10Mbps 1000 plan which has a FUP of 75GB.

Cable operator is StarNet in the Valencia/Pumpwell area.

Looks like a good plan to be on if there is no FUP. How are the up-times etc?
Do powercuts affect the internet connectivity? Is the wiring via BNC cable to ethernet
or you have a fibre ONT then converted to ethernet.

I have a BSNL 8mbps upto 60 Gb FUP plan and a backup 1mbps no FUP airtel connection.

I have access to Star Cable Infonet where I live and the max plans they offer are 4mbps with FUP.
.:: CANARA STAR ::.

Since my cable operator already runs his own network, chances of him joining BBNL are pretty
remote.

Guess will have to wait for reliance jio to launch.

P.S. Are you the same Prithviraj associated with youflik or am I mistaking you for someone else?

Looks like a good plan to be on if there is no FUP. How are the up-times etc?
Do powercuts affect the internet connectivity? Is the wiring via BNC cable to ethernet
or you have a fibre ONT then converted to ethernet.

I have a BSNL 8mbps upto 60 Gb FUP plan and a backup 1mbps no FUP airtel connection.

I have access to Star Cable Infonet where I live and the max plans they offer are 4mbps with FUP.
.:: CANARA STAR ::.

Since my cable operator already runs his own network, chances of him joining BBNL are pretty
remote.

Guess will have to wait for reliance jio to launch.

P.S. Are you the same Prithviraj associated with youflik or am I mistaking you for someone else?

Cant say much about the uptime since i have used it only for about 4 days now. Its pretty good, but definitely not flawless. There are a few disconnections and speed drops and failed login. But i've seen worse in my time with BSNL.

Speeds are not constant. But i do get between 1-1.4mbps on IDM. The wiring is Fibre to ethernet.

I'm not the Prithviraj you are thinking about 😛

After about 2 months of irritating my cable operator, I finally got BBNL fibre connection at my place. I picked the 10mbps unlimited plan for 1200.

The speed is pretty good. But every few hours, I get a login page. I need to enter the login credentials to keep the connection alive.

1) Is there any way to bypass this login page
2) I get a error "Radius server is not responding" at the login page sometimes which keeps me disconnected from the internet.

How does BBNL work in Bangalore? Do you have to go through a login page as well AND do you get the problems i'm getting?

Guess i live in the same locality as yours i was the first one to apply for internet provided by valencia cable network
The first half of the people who applied for internet got a TP-Link WR740N router the later ones Got a Netgear router if you are one of the lucky first ones
try flashing your with OPEN-WRT router firmware then you can make a cron job to auto login to the page iv'e tried it and it works

Couple of months down the line, hows BBNL Speednet treating you. Fed up with BNSL, I plan get it installed our local cable guy (Viewers Choice) in Gandhinagar tomorrow. Incidentally I too was thinking of the 10MBps 1200 unlimited plan.
Will keep the BSNL connection as a backup for the time being.