• Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,680
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitized

ISP
ISP
Hi guys,

I've 2Mbps connection and I had problem of battery backup on my connection. Whenever there was a power cut / load shedding in our area the internet stopped working after around 45 minutes. (This, BTW, is a major problem with Reliance BB). So, I lodged a complaint and the local linemen told me that the backup of another "exchange" is better and they will shift my connection on that. After a lot of repeated calls and headache, they finally shifted it to the other exchange or whatever it is.

A new problem cropped up: Now my connection has wrong ADSL data rate profile. It is now set to 1021 downstream and 733 upstream. I am now getting only 0.79Mbps. Earlier it was 23463 downstream and 1100 upstream. I had low SNR at that time but the linemen didn't understand what SNR and why it was so low. Now how will they understand what data rate profile is? How do I explain this or how do I get this corrected? Why can't Reliance train their staff properly...

Please help!

Yes earlier it happened in my connection also.
Complained a lot but no solution.
Even the stupid linemen came to my house and told there is no issue.
First they said it's upto 2mbps so it's fine.
Then they said you have to first divide by 10, and then download speeds again divide by 8.
So according to them I should get 20 kBps and since I am getting 70kBps I should be thankful to Reliance.
Trust me after listening this I wanted to kick them out off my house.
My problem was only solved after only contacting a local reliance employee who was aware of this line speed issues (lucky for me).

Yup, very true. These guys have no clue about the technical stuff. One genius even said that my downstream SNR margin of 6.0 is "excellent". If that's indeed true according to these "technicians", I wonder why the modem link drops every few minutes.

Moreover, they keep the downstream data rate at 4096 kbps for a 4 Mbps connection. No wonder I never got more than 3.6 Mbps download speed. Someone should felicitate these geniuses. airtel is way better in this particular regard.

I just got his contact number from someone.
But 1 thing I actually terminated my old connection. (As my problem was not being solved)
Then contacted this man and asked for a new connection and asked him before about this line speed problem.

can anyone please guide me how to check my SNR and downstream / upstream via there modem ?

Thanks, guys. Got it resolved by calling someone.

@TikonaSux For Reliance BB, you first need to setup static IP in Windows or whatever OS or you're using. You can also put that in your router. After that you can check the values by logging into the modem.

For all the Reliance modems I've seen till date, here are the details you need to enter:
IP: 192.168.1.2
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Leave DNS and save. Now enter 192.168.1.1 in browser. Check the default username/password on your modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.