What is the cost of installation of a Reliance Broadband connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Tikona,Reliance ,bsnl evdo
i was asked 1500 +200 for modem + 500 for wire . is it that much at the moment?
last time i had connection 2 years back it was approx like 1300 if i remember.

No no no.
They are lying to you.
Installation charges are 599. There are no separate charges for modem or wire. Moreover Reliance only gives modem to us only as long connection is there. They don't see modems.
In addition to that you have to give one month rent in advance if you take 1 month plans
OR
3 months advance if you take 3 months plan.

Suppose you take 699 plan i.e. 2mbps
you just give a cheque of 1300/-
they will charge the service tax of this in next bill.
Only pay it through cheque.

Yup. This is for the regular broadband. Not sure about Metro Broadband or whatever that is called.

i gave a cheque of 1496 and 250 for modem , and some for wire , ill be contacting reliance and complaining now for this.

The cheque amount of 1496 is fine as even if there is extra amount that will be adjusted as this goes directly in company's account.
However baki no.2 ka cash payment is gone sorry to say this.
I mean if you contact customer care I don't think they will help as for them you made a cheque payment of Rs.1496 only.
Only help you can get is through local reliance workers provided they are helpful.

Reliance definitely does not charge for wire at installation time. There is a charge if you want to get rewiring done but even that is a fixed price and not by the meter.

actually the installation guy told me that company can only provide 50 mt of wire and mine was 80mt and hence the price , regarding modem i contacted another of there installation guy and he confirmed that company do not have modem at the moment (oos lol@reliance) and the user has to buy himself.
though internet is decent for me at the moment , so i am okay as long as it works .

80 meters? That sounds like a lot 😛

as for modems. i had no idea reliance supported external modems. i had a pretty hard time making a D-Link modem work on their network.

80 meters? That sounds like a lot 😛

as for modems. i had no idea reliance supported external modems. i had a pretty hard time making a D-Link modem work on their network.
indeed and i am pretty sure if i contact reliance directly they will say that internet is not feasible in my area , so its like an opportunity for me to get reliance .
also any adsl2 modem will work as it was told to me by there care .
TP-Link TD-W8968 N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Router (White) - Buy TP-Link TD-W8968 N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Router (White) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in
planning to buy this ^^ , which supports usb and i think i can leave the router to download torrents day night without the need of running pc . anybody doing this here? doing router downloads to external hdds?

Status
Not open for further replies.