ut-300r firmware

• Thread starter Thread starter Aquitaine
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 9,111

Aquitaine

hiive been using my ut-300r as a router, and i plug it straight into my switch which has 3 pc's connected to it...now here's the odd thing, when i use it with a single pc it works fine, but when its working as a router and sending out packets to all three pc's its messed up..starts dropping packets like mad, its really odd and im hoping perhaps a firmware upgrade will help.im not entirely sure its that, might be something else ,anyone have experience wit this ? Would appreciate comments on this.This is my hardware info :Model: Viking H/W Version: 810020 S/W Version: VIK-2.1.040131c Thanks guysdhruv

Have u configured the router from 192.168.1.1 to act as DHCP server and Gateway ? The PCs should be set as DHCP clients.From ur post it seems that the router is not configured properly...😱

DhruvThis is an interesting situation you have spoken about. I need to do some study on this aspect closely. In my office I have all along been suspecting that either my internal wiring/cabling was bad ( not tested that its fine ) then I suspected it could be that the modem UT 300R2 is inferior but its been tested at resi and works fine, then I thought it could be that the PCs have Virus but my Laptop also runs slow there while it does not at the resi. I have now taken a lead that could be that as I have lined up so many PCs to the Home 500 connection there that the net has become slow as said by you. The Home 500 is single user and so the bandwidth is shared I guess when more users force thmselves in.DO you think, your problem could be same as mine.

Currently 3 but shall increase it to 6/7.Only 2 will be used aggressively while rest shall be more used to update AntiVirus and Run Windows Update and sometimes for stray other surfing or may be even stray emails.

Thats Ok. Heavy usage of net on 256kbps line give good results on upto 4 PCs. 😀

Thats a consolation but I am yet to get success. Seems I need to give a piece of my mind to BSNL for slow speed on my Kalighat Exchange connection which is in my office in Sarat Bose Road

5 of us guys somewhat work comfortably on 2x128 lines from Airtel. Though we are thinking about adding another one.

Excellent feedback Sushubh. Gives me confidence. I am thinking of surrendering DIAS at resi and retaining just the Broadband ( Data one ) as I have both now. Dataone is fast at resi and so Dad and I can share it and have one extension for the guest room which will be used when guests in town.

yup. as long as they are not heavy downloaders, everyone should be fine. we prefer to use throttling when one of us guys are putting on a big download.

Dad is mainly into Emails and surfing. I am into mails, surfing, upload and downloads etc. But our timing do not clash very much so that should not be a problem. And I cannot say what a guest will do when he uses the system.

well once in a while, you can take the chance. if i am your guest, u might be in trouble 😉

I'll invite an @!! instead of inviting you !!! :lol😀id u mind it ??? Sorry for that. 😀

SushubhI have a Guets House separate for heavy users and heavy breathers. Charges are not too high. 3 Bedroom +++. Minimum period of booking 2 nights and then on the higher side any period upto 364 nights is fine. Alternatively I even have a Guest House for Corporates where Single rooms can be booked but the minimum period is 3 months ( unless its a big co then we relax period to 1 Month ). Here one can use his own Airtel Broadband which is available on the Mobile phone during his stay. I dont provide Dataone - too high a risk for me to do so as 1 GB can be pulled by anyone in 2-3 days easily.If you have plans to visit Kolkata then our Co will be glad to take care of you and the charges wont be very high.