Suggestion for 4K UHD Smart TV [Price 90K with 40-43 inch display)

• Thread starter Thread starter HarshaRaj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 7,035
ISP
Act Fibernet
Budget: Max Rs.90K
Size: 40 to 43inch

I had first selected Samsung JU6470. But later decided for LG 43UF690T being a newer model and has WebOS 2.0 with magic remote. Later one of the showroom person suggested me LG 43UF640T suggesting it has 900 PMI where is 690T has just 400 PMI (he also offered free magic remote for 640T).

After checking the speciifcations of 640T in the website, it had no timemachine feature and also network file browser. Is it so that those two features are hardware dependant? I thought they are part of WebOS 2.0.

Also I have one more model under consideration LG 43UF770T. This has ultra luminance and Micro Pixel Control(Local Dimming). But how does KD-43X8500C compete against 770T? This Sony TV has Edge LED with Frame dimming and Android TV OS. Edge with Frame dimming is better or worse than Backlight with micro pixlel control?

Also would you recommend Samsung JU6670 Curved TV against 770T and 8500C?

;TDLR;
1. Help me choose between LG 43UF770T vs Sony KD-43X8500C vs Samsung JU6670. Which is first best and second best?
2. How is Android TV OS when compared with Tizen and WebOS 2.0?
3. Instead of above models, am I better off buying LG 43UF690T vs LG 43UF640T
4. Is there any other better model at Rs.90K range?

Thank you for responding.

I am just curious... Is the hardware component of the OS upgradeable?

The mini pc inside the tv that runs the OS. I mean no one replaces a TV after 2-3 years. But the hardware component inside the TV would get outdated in a year or two. After which no software updates. So it might be a better idea to go for the TV with the best panel and getting a media box to handle the OS part that can be replaced at will.

Yes. That would be reasonable. But are there TVs with good display that isn't a smart TV? Ans what would you connect to the TV to make it smart?

Google Android TV? Apple TV? A WD media player that can play pretty much any video format you throw at it?

I am not into TVs. I just bought a basic VU 40" HDTV for my dad because it was costing me under Rs. 20,000 😀 I am in no position to recommend a UHD TV!

Haha.. Okay.. There is no official Google Android box or TV in India.. Others would be china made. And I am not into Apple products. But medial player only wont suffice because I have a dedicated home/office server that runs all the time. So I need local connectivity too. However a device called raspberry pi will help, but I fear good display based TVs comes with smart OS pre installed.

And yes its true that once a smart TV is brought we wont change it for like 10 years and the smart OS in the TV will be outdated in 2 to 3 years . Pretty sad thing though.

But have you looked at the new Mi TV released few days back? There are two parts in it, one is the displace with no OS, no ports.. and then a speaker with all the ports and also the OS. So later if you want to update the OS hardware, you can simply buy the speaker box and keep the same TV. But Mi TVs wont be in India anytime soon.

Mi could launch their TV practically any day. WD has media players that are network enabled so they can access your server/computer/phone. Google Android TV devices can be imported from USA. Google Nexus Player is selling for less than 50 dollars on some stores. Though usability in India is doubtful.

he would probably need to do that. my point was largely based on the fact that he should not select a tv based on the OS but by the quality of the panel and other factors 🙂

Yeah.. Get the best in other specs & then upgrade the external device as & when needed.

Yes. Should give priority to the panel quality.

As for the FHD or 4K, it's better to go for 4K now if you not planning to change TV for many years. In this case all good 4K TV starts from 60K-ish range. So was hoping if anyone here has idea of any models having best display panel upto Rs.90K