• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,814

ultrabro

I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai
Dear All,
Today I saw message in resgiter.mtnl.net.in that 9Mbps speed is given to my 8Mbps plan.

When I discussed with MTNL guy, it is understood that actual 9Mbps speed is given to 8Mbps plan customer so that customers should get near to 8Mbps download speed.

I'm getting 7.5Mbps now...

mine has gone back to 8mbps now.

I am getting download speeds of 950 I guess...but have to check again.Though in speed test just shows up as 6.7.They should fix ping issues due to bad routing.Fixing routing helps in downloads as well.

I'm planning to change over to 8 Mbps. Currently on 2 Mbps. My house is 2.6 Km from exchange.
Line stats are Download & Upload
SNR 17 13
Attenuation 34 14
Attainable Rate (Kbps) 9600 2472
Currently (Kbps) 2047 1022

Given the above info, will 8 Mbps work or give issues since MTNL allows only up till 1 km? Do not want to spend Rs. 4000 for line bonding.

well, your snr will be too low and you will face very frequent disconnections

^How much should the SNR figure be to handle 8 Mbps? Currently I don't face any disconnections with 2 Mbps DL & 1 Mbps UL.

Also is distance an issue 2.6 Km? I'm fine even if I could get 6-7 Mbps?

Its was 2mbps upload with the 8mbps plan, silent change these babus have done. Will it affect even on old plan users or only new?

^How much should the SNR figure be to handle 8 Mbps? Currently I don't face any disconnections with 2 Mbps DL & 1 Mbps UL.

Also is distance an issue 2.6 Km? I'm fine even if I could get 6-7 Mbps?
my SNR was 27 on 2mbps which dropped to 15 on 8mbps. More than 10 is fine for stable connections, yours will obviously go down below 10 and you will have frequent disconnections, which, trust me, you won't enjoy.