Sehwag retires from international cricket & IPL

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2,708
so is he or is he not?

I will be more sad with Sehwag's retirement news compared to Sachin's.
But may be time has come for Sehwag to retire. He did not perform well for Haryana team as well in Ranji matches.

Sehwag to retire from international cricket
The rules of the MCL, which is scheduled to begin in January, state that players taking part must have retired from all international formats. On Monday, while reminded of this stipulation at an MCL event in Dubai, Sehwag said he would retire in order to play the tournament.
Sehwag added that his retirement would not just be from international cricket but the IPL as well. "I'll retire from international cricket and IPL so I will not be playing those leagues," he said. "So I will play only MCL."
Before his trip to Dubai, Sehwag had been captaining Haryana in the Ranji Trophy, and had scored two half-centuries in their first two matches of the season.

Reportedly he asked for a farewell test match. But BCCI rejected the demand.

In his initial years he was heading towards becoming next Sachin.

With his helmet on - he even looked like Sachin.

But then his weaknesses became known and career started to fade.

None-the-less he was better match winner than Sachin!

His weakness was his eye sight. With his hand-eye co-ordination lost, he simply couldn't bat.

Earlier his weakness was poor defense and getting out early. He mitigated that problem quite well IMO

Thread title needs to be changed! (maybe not is no more may be not!)

@chromaniac

Btw he can declare retirement and play that tournament and then revoke the retirement hahahahah!

Thread title needs to be changed! (maybe not is no more may be not!)

@chromaniac

Btw he can declare retirement and play that tournament and then revoke the retirement hahahahah!
He is not Afridi, and BCCI is not PCB. If they wanted him to play, he could have got chance in last 2 years.

Sehwag will be missed. His attitude of being positive is one of a kind. But its the right time to retire.

They could not find a place for him with the talented rohit sharma around.

Last edited: