Long delay for installation

ISP
Reliance, Tikona, BSNL
Hi guys!

I filled an application for a new BSNL connection, for their limited time special ULD 2841 plan, as can be seen here: https://web.archive.org/web/2015092...L/services/broadband/BB_plans_high_speed.html.

I'd filed the application on 30 September, and I was told that the installation would be done by 5th October. Now it's 19th, and no installation yet. I've called the bsnl official who came to my house for the application multiple times, and he keeps saying that "we haven't got the wires which will come in from bangalore" or some such bs. What can I do? I only went for BSNL due to their special offer plan, and it's been 20 days since I filed their application and this is an absolutely insane delay for installation. What can I do?

File a complaint at pgportal.

Lodge your grievance > Public grievance > Department of Telecommunications. Select Bharat Sanchar Nigam under 'Grievance pertains to'.

That's all.

I visited the exchange and they recommended I should file a complaint on pgportal.

When I applied for BSNL , I just humbly requested at least 5 times each day my line man and the BSNL marketing babu (the guy who comes to collect your docs)to get things moving and even after that they took more than a week even though BSNL has very good network and service in Faridabad.

I was too stupid to apply through exchange. Now I reset my lost password, tried to login on sdc. Damn thing says wrong password. The very password they reset and gave me. grr

When you are dealing with BSNL then personal visits to exchange are more important and effective than phone calls or online complaints.
They are not providing you connection, You are frustrated to get new connection. If you follow this policy then you'll get your connection in one week or else keep waiting for them. Reach line man or marketing guy and offer him few extra bucks to speed up your connection process.

Ohh. Which plan did you chose?

2799. Yes, it's costly. But 512 Kbps is too slow for me.

I checked selfcare. There is an order created on 19 th and is still in progress. I submitted the application on Saturday, called those idiots on Monday. Only then they seemed to have done something. No NIB status, nothing. So I created another service request for 2799. It takes those oldies 2 mins to do it on Saturday, but no, they didn't.