MTNL (General) Need help with setting up personal Digisol modem for MTNL triband

• Thread starter Thread starter nevillek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3,791

nevillek

Regular
ISP
MTNL Triband/Hathway
Hey guys,

I need some help with my MTNL Triband connection... 2 weeks ago, when I returned to India, I noticed that my new iPhone 6 wouldn't work with their 450 TC1 router as wifi would keep dropping everytime the phone slept. The lineman replaced it with a Binatone modem, which solved the wifi issue, however, now, the quality of the connection seems to have been disrupted, due to slow browsing; sometimes, a couple of popular websites take ages to load completely, and load completely fine at other times.

So I tried to install this new router that I won from Radio Mirchi (lol) which is the Digisol 150Mbps Wireless Green Broadband Router DG-BR4000NG. I'm not too tech-savvy, but I saw the Binatone modem connections and connected this new modem the same way, the new adapter going into the power socket and the second wire (telephone line I assume) going into the other (ADSL?) socket in the router. However, this router doesn't have a light saying ADSL. It has two others: WAN and WLAN and the WLAN light is the one that blinks when I connect the modem.

Next, I put in the CD and it asked me to connect the LAN cable to the laptop (I think?) so I even did that although I want to have wifi on the laptop obv. After that, I tried opening 192.168.1.1 to configure the modem, but that page wasn't opening. On googling, I found that the right site to configure this router is 192.168.2.1 (I wonder why?). That's how the page finally opened. But it was Digisol's personalized-looking page, rather than the usual MTNL modems' interface.

I put in the username as my tel no, password and all that, my laptop still shows the connection as "Limited" and my wifi won't work. I'm lost. The MTNL operators aren't able to help much as the 192.168.2.1 interface is different than the regular one.

Can someone please help me? I'm wondering if it's possible that this modem won't work at all because those lights are WLAN/WAN and not ADSL as on the MTNL modems?

Please help!! Thank you.

Edit: Okay, after reading up a bit on the internet, I think that the Digisol router is only a wireless router and needs to be used in connection with an actual ADSL modem, so it can't replace the Binatone ADSL modem, apparently? So should I ask MTNL to replace the Binatone modem and give me another brand?

Last edited:
Just a router. You need a modem. How did you manage to put the phone line into this?