ACT Fibernet Junction Box Battery

ISP
Reliance
Hi I have a ACT fibernet connection with account no 663588. I reside in Chikkalasandra, Bangalore. My concern is that the battery that is placed inside the junction box doesn't work. We have 8 connection and whenever power goes off the battery doesn't even last for 10 mins. I tried calling the customer care but it was in vain . I also raised a complaint thru the ACT website but even then no help.Please look into the matter and rectify the issue.

Dear Valued Customer,

We regret the inconvenience caused, we will get in touch with you.

Warm Regards,
ACT Fibernet

see generally ACT/BEAM bont box battery is suppose to last 45 mins. so i think two reasons for a lesser backup, not getting enough power/time to charge or the battery is faulty. I am not sure how to he power situation rite now at your place. If what i remember bangalore was getting around 3-4 hours of power cut last month, if the situation is same and then it should last about 30-45 mins and the frequency of power cuts are more, then i think battery is not getting enough power. If you have an inventor at your place, you can offer ACT to provide prower from your house and they generally pay you rs 100 per month for the power drawn. This way you can have connectivity as long as your home has power. Also, the power consumption of bont equipment (i.e. the fiber terminator switch) is around 24-40 watts.

Incase the battery is faulty then its can only be solved with a replacement. better talk to your local service engineer once he is around and understand the cause of this.

The issue of faulty batteries of ACT (earlier BEAM in Hyd) has been there for years now. Apparently the batteries are of Chinese make and do not last long. I've constantly had the exact same problem but gladly due to knowing someone in the earlier BEAM management it used to be replaced quickly.

Another resident of our apartment has also raised a complaint and the ticket/request number is 0005917266

Last edited by a moderator:
Executive had come to our apartment and replaced the battery. Also has assured a backup of 4 hours. Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator: