ahmedabad broadband?

chroma

[OP]
Jun 8, 2005
hi there everyone, i am moving to the bopal district of Ahmedabad, and i need to find a broadband connection. does anyone have any info they can suggest.at the moment i live in the uk and have a 2mb connection with no time or data limits, the cost here is £21.99 per month, how does the prices in india compair?sorry to put this in the reliance thread but could not see a general thead.thanks

cisco_tech

Regular
Regulars
Mar 21, 2005
Karnavati
hi there i m living in Ahmedabad...u can get BSNL DATAONE Broadband ..or u can get Iqara ...i d suggest u to go for BSNL ..coz its very Reliable and Stable Connection...tahnx

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
stable and reliable? it is down in gurgaon since three days after a thunderstrom.

A

agnivo007

If the phone lines get snapped due to thunderstorm, or water gets inside their boxes, its quite normal that the service remains down...isn't it ? :rolleyes:

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
airtel provides me dsl. i have never had any wiring problem in 6 months. i used it 2 years ago in faridabad. never had any problem. incidently... the thunderstorm came in gurgaon. i have airtel my friend has bsnl. i am online he is not. bsnl guys are not responding to phonecalls. airtel guys are scared of us consumers making complaints at higher level. i think paying extra is worth it if you get the service.

A

agnivo007

I find that BSNL guys' attitude to service is different in different areas.In Kolkata, they are friendly like the people next door ! :D

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
in bangalore they were begging the customers to stay. airtel do not service the area around government houses. and that is where my friend reside.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
actually i was making fun of him considering he left airtel when the cheap bsnl arrived. i am seriously waiting for the end of this month to see what new surprise bsnl has in store for us.

A

agnivo007

Hmm...they have lowered DIAS [128kbps] tariff with the availability of DataOne broadband. :D
Go through this page : http://bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=206
They are providing free DSL modem with non refundable security deposit of Rs.500/- :eek:
The unlimited plan is really good for small businesses, isn't it ?

Also waiting for the June,30th. deadline...:lol: