Hathway - East of NGEF, Bangalore Review After 2 Months

Pratyush

ISP
BSNL
People in Bangalore often move homes and I moved from Langford Town to Sadanand Nagar. While I moved from the super reliable BSNL to Airtel in Langford town, I had to opt for Hathway in Sadanand Nagar as my apartment had only Hathway or BSNL.

I mean how bad could Hathway be? I could live with an odd downtime or maintenance.

So I paid for the connection even before I moved and the whole thing was setup in a jiffy! I applied on the 27th July and the guys set up everything on the 30th! Impressed I was.

Then I was told my the installation guy that the internet would be active in 30 mins - Not bad I told him. And then my troubled times started. I kept calling the CC every day - multiple times a day and kept being told the same thing - It will be fixed in 24 hours. Every representative said the same thing, as if it was the only thing the knew.

After a grand 7 days my Internet finally started working - but the billing still stayed from the 30th. I thought - its all right, good things do take time. And then my myth was completely blown over. My internet connection has stayed down for atleast 75% of the time. I have had downtime for over a week multiple times. How bad could it get. And every single time I was told that it will be fixed in 24 hours.

Some other great words by the Customer Care, Nodal & Appellate:

>We do not give false commitments (I told them, others have told the same 3 days back)
>It will be fixed by End of Today
>The technician would visit today
>Internet is down for maintenance
>Your modem is flapping (What the hell is that????)
>Your internet will work in 2 hours and the technician will call me from your premises after it is fixed!
>Your problem will be fixed in 24 hours!
>My seniors are having lunch (wait.. its 4pm)
>My seniors are busy (all the time)
>We are trying our best Saar
>We promise to rectify it by End of Day today!
>The work order has been generated (Wait.. what??)

The connection is absolutely disgusting. I remember the internet I took in 2007 from BSNL at a tier 2 city (Ranchi) was a 100 times better than this. If someone wants proof, I even have some recorded phone conversations!
I will consider 4900 as a donation to the cheats and thugs of Hathway and steer clear of it. I will live off BSNL but never in my life would I ever suggest Hathway to anyone. I am working with my Apartment Mgt to remove these guys completely so that they cannot cheat anymore.

I am also contacting Airtel & ACT so that they extend their lines to my area.

Area: Sadanand Nagar, Bangalore