RCom = RJio, Officially with merger

• Thread starter Thread starter India_King
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 6,172
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mukesh Ambani showed that he cannot start his own Telecom Business. Since long RJio had been making agreements with RCom for sharing Wireless Towers, Fiber Networks and Technical expertise. Now Both will be on common Spectrum sharing on 4G. In Fact RCom is helping RJio to make a launch 4G. I guess RJio still haven't got its Infrastructure to make a launch so desperately needed assistance from RCom.

Ambanis Join Hands: RCom to Partner Reliance Jio in 4G Services - NDTVProfit.com

Rjio has most of their infra ready. All they need is that 800MHz that rcom is having in abundance. Rjio's inter city fiber network has now surpassed rcom's.

Sure they're collaborating on many levels, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they've merged. Not until, rcom manages to sell their tower company off. Too much debt for rjil to take on, otherwise.

Rcom+MTS is another interesting thing that's shaping up.

Yeah rcom+mts is almost done deal. It gives mts a way out from india as they dont seems to be happy here. Rcom will get some aditional airways and capacity from circles where mts operational. So the package is good.

Rjio+rcom i also dont see both going hand in hand for a long. Untill one merges into other...... Most like ithink rcom will go into rjio as chotu bhaiya is not happy with telecom, its one of many loss making entites he hold and desperate to get off. So bade bhaiya would be a saver here for him. And in return he will get 800 mhz across india ready to use.

So they are colobrating for a consolidation. .. Which can be termed as merger. Just wait for 6-8 months, or may be 1 year..... This will be on.

Rjio is using RCom's fiber (intra-city optic fiber infrastructure of nearly 1,20,000 fiber-pair kilometers of optic fiber and 500,000 fiber pair kilometers), RJio is using RCom's towers (45000 Towers), RCom to use RJio's 4G band and vice versa (extensive sharing - details not known). On top of that, all technical expertise to kick start Jio is coming from RCom.

Looks more like a merger than a collaboration.

Rjio has most of their infra ready.

I have been hearing since quite long. There is no substantive report on how much RJio's Infra is actually ready. I you factor in RCom assistance, then RJio is pretty much ready. Whole point of splitting of Ambanis was when Anil Ambani took RCom, Mukesh Ambani was determined to start its own telecom business. But he could not deliver.

See for a fact i know rjio sales team in jodhpur rajasthan are been given 4g sim cards to be used as primary connection. This happend 3-4 weeks back. The convearge is not vast ..or stable in interiors ...but it is stable.

BTW i am trying to get hold of one sim, as soon as next lot is ready i have been promised for atleast 1 connection by the state sales n promotion head of rjio.

Wil post the updates.....
no substantive report on how much RJio's Infra is actually ready

I am happy to see RJio joining hands with RCom. This should've been done long ago. If they had merged their telecom sectors 5 years ago, people would've been using RJio by now.

Mukesh Ambani wasted lot of money and time to start RJio on its own but could not deliver. Its not easy to build telecom company from scratch and compete against established companies like Airtel and Vodafone. RJio joining RCom is a welcome news.

Rjil taking technical expertise from rcom is not true.

Rjil has their towers+rcom+indus+few other companies.

It may well be true that rcom and rjil went jointly into the last auction for the purpose of spectrum sharing, but that's all there is to it.

As I've stated earlier, rcom merging with rjil does not even make sense, till the infratel sale is complete.

So, yes, they may be collaborating; but equating that to a merger isn't correct.

That said, a merger somewhere down the line would indeed be a welcome move.

See AFAIK, rjil is taking technical expertise from rcom thru backdoor....like using intra and intercity fiber network and sharing the central IP backbone etc....but towers, yes rjil have own towers, i doubt if they have asked indus or ither guys for tower infra help...i firmly beleive they own all towers.

Coming to merger/collaboration issue, understand rcom is listed company and infratel sale is still in hung position....but rjil is not yet commercially operational. They can have an internal arrangment where both rcom and rjil can exists in same market but would be entites of the same company.
...i firmly believe chotu bhaiya wants to offload rcom, its just that he is wait bade bhiya to pitch at tye rite moment ...and take up.

Rjil is indeed having a deal with Indus.

A merger in the long term would be nice. But, RIL isn't out to do charity either when it comes to R-ADAG.

Rjil has their towers+rcom+indus+few other companies.

Just wondering how much RJio has its own towers. RJio is using 45000 RCom towers. I think its more than RJio's own towers.

My point is RJio is way behind network Infrastructure. That's why they're using RCom. I Don't know if any other telecom companies have joined operations to such an extensive degree. OFC networks, towering stations, 4G Spectrum - RJio has absorbed entire RCom Infrastructure to roll out RJio.

Rjil taking technical expertise from rcom is not true.

Key executives from RJio have come from RCom. There is a revolving chair between RCom and RJio.

Reliance Jio hires former RCom executive Shamik Das as chief corporate development officer | ET Telecom

In Mumbai at least, rjil's ofc network is far more extensive than rcom's. I believe the same is true for the NCR circle. Dunno about other circles.

As I said earlier, rcom is not the only tower partner for rjil.

Reliance Jio Infocomm inks tower sharing agreement with Viom Networks

Reliance Jio signs tower sharing agreement with Indus Towers - The Times of India

Rcom's recent spectrum buy seems in line with rjil's plans and their collaboration is extensive. But, as the thread title woukd suggest, no, they have not merged, which is my only issue really.

You are right. Technically RJio is not RCom. But practically they are acting like single entity. No telecom company lease out most of their Infrastructure to rival telecom companies. RCom and RJio are doing it with extensive revenue sharing model.

You mentioned Indus and Viom. They are NOT telecom companies. They are Network Infrastructure firms which are 3rd parties providing Towers to telecom companies including Airtel, Vodafone, BSNL, Idea etc.

You mentioned Mumbai and Delhi, could you dig up any links about coverage of RJio's OFC network? I don't think RJio's OFC network is bigger than RCom. Another thing i realized is that when RJio talks of its OFC network, they include the RCom network as well which they have acquired through sharing agreement.

I am just curious of how much RJio has invested to build its own Infrastructure. Because i found out that RJio is acquiring Network Infrastructure through collaborations and sharing agreements. Either through RCom or through 3rd parties like Viom.

Edit - I was trying to change title of thread as RJio has not officially merged with RCom. But couldn't do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.