Act fibernet bangalore- they are unprofessional.

ISP
airtel
Yesterday i ordered an Act broadband, SOHO BUSINESS plan. after the call ended their executives were fast at coming at my place, inspecting and collecting installation plus one month advance fee.
I mentioned him i have to go to office so define me a day when you will install so i will stay at home. The executive was positive that it will be done next day. I asked him atleast 3 times if next day it will be done, he was like yes saar we will install it tomorrow.

I waited patiently until the evening when i called that executive.He had no idea if fiber had been laid and told me to wait 30 minutes and he will call. He did not call. After 1 hour i called myself then he said he is coming in 30 minutes. Again i waited for an hour but this time he was not picking up the phone. Third time he hung up. After then his phone is constantly switched off.

I am extremely surprised by the way they treat business clients. I lost one day of my office and didn't even get my job done.

If they keep this attitude,this might be the last month i am paying for their service and i will write my experience in each and every broadband india review forum, starting here so other people do not get in their trap.

Dear Valued Customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please share your contact number and we will get back to you.

Warm Regards,
ACT Fibernet

Dear Valued Customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please share your contact number and we will get back to you.

Warm Regards,
ACT Fibernet

Sent you a PM. Will update in this thread what happens next.

The executive is still not picking up the call. Tried 2 times

Last edited:
Thank you. so far the experience has been bad. Maybe due to holidays but i will wait until next week before looking for other enterprise internet providers.

ACT CHENNAI - GONE THE VW WAY

I have started experiencing severe FUP inaccuracies since September (last month). I think this is some kind of scheme by ACT to increase revenues. On September 20th, the broadband slows down and when I check FUP, it says I have consumed 87 GB of data against my quota of 75 GB. There is no way this can happen since my internet use is limited to e-mail, some web surfing and an occasional Youtube video. I do not do movie streaming, I do not have a home network and I do not do movie downloads. I call up ACT customer care and they say their consumption record is valid and they can send me detailed information on data use. No such information received for days and I was forced to reset the FUP limits by paying Rs. 544. Close to 27GB of data I received from this process is used up in 7 days and it started crawling again by September 27th ! I reset my modem password just in case however, this trend continued in the new FUP cycle. 6.5 GB sued up in 4 days so far this month!

I have never before experienced this kind of data consumption in my life and this certainly cannot be correct. I used ot have a 10GB limit with my previous provider (Airtel) and this never used to get used up. Even with ACT, I have hardly used anywhere close to the data limits for the last several month.

The details ACT promised to send never came. I am now convinced this is a scheme to make customers reset their FUPs and pay more money. Well all good things have to come to an end and ACT has gone the VW way now. I will have to look at going back to Airtel, who despite some connectivity issues now and then, were at least honest. It is not about paying ACT more, I would gladly do that if they are upfront about it because the service is good when it lasts. What I hate is lack of integrity and scheming to increase revenues and market share. I am sorry ACT did not learn a lesson from the VW scandal and other scandals where greed causes good companies to fail.

Well said patron. I have also noticed that my data consumption has gone up to 60GB in just 3 days. I did not download anything, just stream 4-5 youtube videos and play old games which consume like 4KB/s. They also mentioned that the uplink is free and not measured. This just adds to the pile of bad service i had with them in less than a week.
ACT, just high speed doesn't mean everything.
Airtel is a bit expensive, but they always stick to their words in 2 year of service, even while i was taking a home connection. I took small office connection from ACT and having communication issues with their representative, extreme traffic shaping (after analyzing a lot using wireshark and comparing to my airtel connection, they traffic shape your internet), as well as connectivity drop issues. They said i will be assigned a static IP within 7 days. 7 DAYS. That's slower than BSNL cmon.

Also, ACT has very very bad peering to international telcos while Airtel has a robust one. This can be confirmed by doing a speedtest to germany/uk/canada/us using ACT and Airtel side by side.

Last edited: