BSNL underground cable problem

• Thread starter Thread starter jason29
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 10,526
Finally the cable cut is fixed today after my visit to the office, man they could have done it little earlier so that i could have completed all my work there. Have some noise in the line, so going to talk the lineman on Monday...

Now suddenly my line gives out engaged tone when I pick the receiver and I can't dial any number

Stats?

Finally got a letter yesterday from BSNL stating as per your complaint (in pg portal) we have sorted the issue and it is verified the same from your side...lol i laughed like anything.

am facing issues like no back up in exchange causes phoneline dead ,,,

Are you sure about this?...... I firmly beleive, there cannot be an exchange without a power back which can exchange fot 96 hours continuously. This is a SOP for MTNL/BSNL. The only exception to this is remotr exchange where tele density is very low, primarily in jungle or area with mostly inhospitable hills etc.

Sad man, again the cable is cut due to the drainage work. I am sick of this and 51 GB would be wasted 🙁

I have also gone through what you are going through @jason29 . My airtel landline phone as well as broadband were disconnected 5 months back because airtel had also the same cable fault either because of metro work or due to one of their towers causing cancer to the owner of the house which airtel had used to build their tower on. I don't know which story is true as customer care at that time would say anything to make me drop the call and just wait. I did wait for almost two weeks but nothing changed. Thats when I was forced to take BSNL. But luckily at the time there was a plan from BSNL for Faridabad the ULD 2250 4MB/S TILL 175 GB and 256kb/s beyond. So for 2565/- with taxes its not that bad.The only thing being that obviously BSNL service although good in Faridabad is still not as good as airtel even though airtel has also degraded since 2011.