Airtel 4G Speeds around the country

4478535328.png

Pune. Outdoor CPE in LOS with the airtel 4G tower.

Mumbai. Dongle.

4776142620.png

I only get about 10mbps on k3 note. Another thing network is quite weak, if there are two bars(often) pages stop loading, which has never happened on Airtel. Also it eats battery up quite fast. Don't know if Jio effect.

@r19 I switched from Jio to Airtel this month, and have been having a tremendous battery drain on my iPhone, even when its idle (but while traveling). This never happened when I was on Jio. I see that Airtel's bands keeps shifting every few seconds from 3g to 4g. This is very bad.

yep 3g for calls & 4g for data. for ussd pop up again back to 3g.
to happen till they launch volte.

iPhone are worst in this as you can't set to wdcma/3G only like you can do in many android phones.

@igloo Yeah, but I can disable 4G in iPhone, so that it sticks to 3g only. I have tried it, but then the airtel connection becomes very spotty and does not work most of the time, even though there's full 3g coverage (capacity problems maybe ? ). Someone in another thread said that VOLTE is working on iPhone 7+, so maybe the launch is pretty imminent now.

This was the good thing about Jio...no switching bands. But until they fix their voice call drops, I will stay away from them.

Hi guys, its seems freebies and Data balance transfer has taken tremendous toll on Airtel 4G Network. At least i can talk for bangalore, any part of city i travel i am not getting speeds upwards of 1mbps/500kbps. Early morning situation is slightly better with 4 mbps. Complained several times since a month now and tickets are getting closed stating temp problem and it is solved now. once their engineer visited too inspite of me telling that its all over bangalore, and he agreed too but after his visit he stopped picking up calls and ticket closed. Seems Airtel is already aware about congestion but not doing anything. I am using iPhone 7 plus and it supports all band....
Anybody else facing similar issue in any part of India, please share.