Tata Sky has increased DTH package prices again

Wow! I thought I'm only among few pissed up with these DTH service cost. But guess I was wrong. So many people are way more screwed than I am anyway please suggest good Paytm offer . No choice but stick to Tata Sky as it's the only cheapest option Available right now. Checked out Airtel & Videocon yesterday, but it's even more expensive than TataSky.

I have Airtel and my parents have Tata Sky. Our homes are half-Km apart. I wish TataSky or Airtel allowed me to have Multi-connection on both homes 😛
Since both connections are HD, I am now paying almost 1100 per month 🙁

can't you apply for a child connection at one home. and use that card on the connection in the other home?

I can try that. But now both connections are settled, and don't wish to disturb either.
But I doubt if I take Child connection, would they come and do connection at another address. I assume both connections should be registered at same address.
I think I need to get it done illegally 🙂

well it would be a waste as you would need to get it installed on one of the two houses as an addon to the existing connection at that house.
then stop using the primary card at the other house. replace it with the card of the addon.

nope card and box are linked, better take the box to other house.

Thats right. First need to activate 2 STBs at 1 address. Then need to take 1 STB+card to another address. Connect STB to dish which should be aligned to receive respective service signal from Satellite (example align to receive Tata Sky satellite signal). BUT this alignment could not be done by TataSky technician (or he will not do it officially). Once dish is aligned and connected to receive signal, then STB at another address should be working.

Local cable or DTH guys can do the alignment for ₹150-200 or you could do it yourself if you got the patients/skill/luck [emoji12]

how much does one save by using a child connection? rs. 150 instead of rs. 450?

If separate connection costs ~500, and Child connection costs ~200, then its 300 saved per month, or 3600 per year.

This increase is not exclusive to Tata Sky. the first culprit was videocon and after that nearly all operators have hiked the prices. packages prices now going insane.
I am on Base+ HD globe (not available now, i subscribed it long ago) costing 253+169= 422/-. some time ago Platinum HD was costing only 480/-.
Also videocon has separated Delhi & north India and charging delhi subscriber more in comparison to North Indians.

I wish there is portability in this sector also OR they could anounce the hike 1 week before.

I can very much assure you that Tata Sky was the very first operator to increase prices despite having much lesser channels on their service. Videocon has always been the better from price to channels standpoint.
I know this very well because I switched from Tatasky to Videocon only because of their price point.
But Videocon's product quality and customer service is pathetic, so switched back to Tatasky