Which WiFi Router will work with BSNL EVDO Teracom T-U500 Modem??

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
BSNL
Hi guys, last month I purchased BSNL EVDO Connection. It's working fine for me. In my house in Meerut, I get about 50-60KBps always everywhere and in Some locations it is in between 100-300KBps(800Kbps-2.4Mbps). Sometimes more than 300KBps too.
I want to know if someone is there who knows or using Teracom T-U500 modem with any wifi Router. If yes then which Router will do.

Last edited:
Hi guys, last month I purchased BSNL EVDO Connection. It's working fine for me. In my house in Meerut, I get about 50-60KBps always everywhere and in Some locations it is lin between 100-300KBps(800Kbps-2.4Mbps). Sometimes more than 300KBps too.
I want to know if someone is there who knows or using Teracom T-U500 modem with any wifi Router. If yes then which Router will do.
I am using TP-Link TL MR 3420(v2.0) with Prithvi ue100 modem and its working good without any issue. However on TP-Link website ver 2 is not compatible with prithvi modem but its working good for me. I never had any problem like disconnecting..detecting etc.. First time just configured it via Ethernet cable after that I connect my laptop via wifi and my router in placed on the first floor. No issue.

I am using TP-Link TL MR 3420(v2.0) with Prithvi ue100 modem and its working good without any issue. However on TP-Link website ver 2 is not compatible with prithvi modem but its working good for me. I never had any problem like disconnecting..detecting etc.. First time just configured it via Ethernet cable after that I connect my laptop via wifi and my router in placed on the first floor. No issue.
Tell me about coverage area of your router.because my tp link mr3220 is only covering 20m area only after that limit wifi signal lost....

Thanks Sameer, but I am using Teracom Modem......and Prithvi modem is good than Teracom
Teracom is a waste(in my opinion), as it doesn't have windows 8 drivers.
Although it works in Windows 8 but it gives an error of "Index Out Of Bounds(1)", and I have to click Ok on that message for about 50-60 times, then only I am able to access the modem Software. That's why I created my Own connection.

Thanks Sameer, but I am using Teracom Modem......and Prithvi modem is good than Teracom
Teracom is a waste(in my opinion), as it doesn't have windows 8 drivers.
Although it works in Windows 8 but it gives an error of "Index Out Of Bounds(1)", and I have to click Ok on that message for about 50-60 times, then only I am able to access the modem Software. That's why I created my Own connection.
Bro I am using Mts zte ac 2766 unlocked and its very fast than Bsnl teracom T-u500 and prithvi modem.

I am getting very good coverage in 1200 sq meter home. I get full signal when router is placed in ground floor and first floor and gets 3 or 4 signal when router placed on second floor.

How effective is Mts zte ac 2766 modem in terms of speed ? Currently I am getting 100-130 kBps (in IDM) speed . If I give a try to zte modem how much speed I'll get ? and from where you bought this modem ? I see ebay has New and Used both, which one should I go, New or Used ?

Tell me about coverage area of your router.because my TP-Link mr3220 is only covering 20m area only after that limit wifi signal lost....

I am getting very good coverage in 1200 sq meter home. I get full signal when router is placed in ground floor and first floor and gets 3 or 4 signal when router placed on second floor.

How effective is Mts zte ac 2766 modem in terms of speed ? Currently I am getting 100-130 kBps (in IDM) speed . If I give a try to zte modem how much speed I'll get ? and from where you bought this modem ? I see ebay has New and Used both, which one should I go, New or Used ?
Which modem you are using now? There is not much difference in speed in teracom tu500 and zte ac 2766. But comparitively mts zte 2766 is good. I am getting 150-190 kBps with 1bar. Modem doesen't matter that much... appropriate location matters in term of evdo to get maximum speed.

I've prathvi modem. You said MTS is very fast compared to teracom and prathvi? did you ever compare speed in both modem ?

You're getting 1.5 mbps speed only in 1 bar ? Damn, I am getting around 1 mbps speed in full signal.

Last edited:
I am also using taracom t-u500 and getting 50-250kbps download speed in IDM with 3-4 bars but sometimes i have problem with connectivity i am going to buy zte ac2766 modem as i want to use wifi too so please tell me which one i should buy new or old one and which usb router will work with this

I am also using taracom t-u500 and getting 50-250kbps download speed in IDM with 3-4 bars but sometimes i have problem with connectivity i am going to buy zte ac2766 modem as i want to use wifi too so please tell me which one i should buy new or old one and which usb router will work with this
You can try TP-Link mr 3020 or tp link mr 3220 or tp link mr 3420 with mts zte ac 2766. Tp link mr 3020 is a portable device. Tp link mr 3220 and tp link mr 3420 both are comparitively same but 3420 have to 5dbm antenna and approximate 500-600rs more cost than 3220. If you want save money than go for tp link mr 3220 first check online user reviews by click on this link.Amazon"]www.amazon.in/gp/aw/review/B004SNESHQ/RU2KQ7OFLROL3/ref=aw_cr_R20966GBTCMJI5?cursor=6[/URL]

I've prathvi modem. You said MTS is very fast compared to teracom and prathvi? did you ever compare speed in both modem ?

You're getting 1.5 mbps speed only in 1 bar ? Damn, I am getting around 1 mbps speed in full signal.
Yes i have compared both modems. Mts zte ac 2766 is faster than prithvi modem but not that much fast but its software and signal catching power more than prithvi modem. I have seen difference of 20-30KBps and speed is not constant at all time its fluctuate time to time. Its common in evdo.

Even 20 kBps speed boost is good for me. Let me give it a try then will see. From where you bought MTS modem ? Should I try Used or New on ebay ? Suggest me good option please.

Even 20 kBps speed boost is good for me. Let me give it a try then will see. From where you bought MTS modem ? Should I try Used or New on ebay ? Suggest me good option please.
I have purchased it from delhi dealer. I have found him on quickr and contact him. You will contact him 085953 90959 on this no. I have purchased brand new unlocked..it was 500 or 600rs i think......

Status
Not open for further replies.