Excitel Broadband Reviews

It seems like the main reason for high pings and packet loss is their capacity. They seems to have about 30Gbit of transit from TATA and they are running over 2L+ customer on such little capacity? And, Just one transit? No redundancy?

They have one from link from Reliance, and that is just in their Hyderabad.

I have a surge protector connected to Excitel ethernet cable. Since I am not sure if it is working, I disconnected the cable today just to be safe. It's better to have no connectivity during thunderstorm then to end up with fried hardware at home. but yeah, as a business, it's rude on their part. yes, their own hardware can get damaged. and they would get yelled at by customers who finds their routers fried due to power surge (or whatever)... i guess it's a good reason to switch to fiber in any case.

@Sushubh I currently have airtel vdsl and they already have permission to lay fiber in my society, they say it will take max 3 months to provide ftth.
should i stay with airtel or should i switch to excitel...excitel just launched in my society via LCO.
AIRTEL: they currently provide 250GB cap even on ftth on affordable ₹1099 plan
EXCITEL: they say their plans are truly unlimited.
SPECTRA: they were in the society a while ago but due to licencing issue (as per an LCO guy) they do not provide new connections, though their customer care has been saying since january that its only a PORT issue which will soon be resolved.

assuming you are living in a flat...
the possibility of poor service is lower compared to individual houses like in my case.
you should definitely give it a try. airtel's unlimited data plan cost like 3000+.
and at speeds of 50-100mbps... it is better to have unlimited data plan rather than 300GB or 1000GB even.

airtel vdsl has been quite messed up for the people i know who have it. takes a long time to connect. and even when it does, goes down randomly requiring a router reboot. could be device specific problem. but these are annoying enough that i have not yet upgraded my adsl to vdsl.