HDFC Bank is issuing Rupay Card by default instead of Visa/MasterCard

• Thread starter Thread starter dejan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 10,170
^
I have 2 regular savings accounts with HDFC. And yes I wanted to add a debit card to my paypal account which doesn't work with RuPay

if you got an old hdfc sb a/c with decent balance and good no of transactions plus pan card updated. apply for hdfc credit card from branch, you'll get approval easily.
using credit card is safer than debit especially for international transactions.

hehe. only get a credit card if you would use it as a debit card. ordering for something that you can pay from your bank account at the same time.

if you got an old hdfc sb a/c with decent balance and good no of transactions plus pan card updated. apply for hdfc credit card from branch, you'll get approval easily.
using credit card is safer than debit especially for international transactions.

Credit card? Dude I'm just 18. I can't get a credit card if I don't have a job now can I?

Today in Net Banking I see that the VISA platinum debit card is active(not delivered yet) and I confirmed it from customer care. Just yesterday a customer care lady told me that RuPay card cannot be upgraded. It seems like they have completely no idea what they're talking about

Last edited:
HDFC bank is by far the worst bank I have encountered. Called customer exectutive today and he says card has been delivered, when I didn't receive any card at my home. Pathetic service. Over that the executive disconnects the call as soon as she hears that I haven't received my card

Edit: Lol just realized he was talking about my old RuPay card. Truly pathetic customer care. They have no idea about anything

Last edited:
A co-operative bank where I have an a/c gave me a Rupay inspite of filling a VISA debit card application forn. When I pinged them on Twitter they asked me to go to my branch to get my VISA card 😡

Right. Promise yourself that you would use it as a debit card. Only buy stuff that you can pay for right away from your bank account.

Credit card can be a good thing if you can manage your debt correctly.

Sadly, this isn't the case correctly since ..well you know..schools don't teach you how to write a cheque or opening up different types of bank accounts.

i still have to check my cheques multiple times before i drop it in the box. thankfully i do not have to deal with them much because pretty much everything is online these days.