Modem/router for nextra

It depends on the type of router you are having and where you are moving. If your are moving to society that chances are there Nextra will provide you internet on Lan or Fiber than you existing router may work but it would be better you ask your ISP. But if you moving to a non society area like me where Nextra provides internet on cable i.e. EoC than you have to take their modem only.

Hello

I am currently an Airtel subscriber. I will be moving to a new location where only nextra is available. Will the ADSL modem/router work with nextra?
As i know they will provide nextra own Modem (Rs.1500/-) binatone wifi if they install EoC modem slave.

I bought a modem last month only for my MTNL connection.
NEXTRA finally came to my society last week. They want me to pay 1500/- and take their modem.
Is there a way to avoid it?
@flame
@opomiyulen

I bought a modem last month only for my MTNL connection.
NEXTRA finally came to my society last week. They want me to pay 1500/- and take their modem.
Is there a way to avoid it?
@VMehta

You better get modem from there because wiring done by nextra is RG6 not normal CAT5e LAN cable. Cable Modem they provide is RG6 (coaxial cable) all managed by nextra backend team. I recommend ask them to put your service on bridge mode so that you can use your own normal ethernet wifi router. plug one end of lan cable to wan port of cable modem another end to your wifi router wan port and configure wifi router as pppoe use user name and password provided by nextra backend team DONE.... 🙂🙂🙂🙂

First of all, i dont know if i should make a new thread about this or not. But since the title and topic is same i will ask here for now.

I currently have Netgear Wireless N300 (JWNR2000v1) router, and the old reliable D-Link modem (DSL 502T) from mtnl (since i have mtnl connection for a very long time). The router runs at bridge mode with the modem to connect to the internet.

So will this netgear router be able to do the work if i opt for nextra's connection? I have no idea how nextra will provide the connection to my home (i live in an apartment). As the above post said, the router can be put to bridge mode and configured for pppoe..... and its already done so i should not have any problems. I dont want to buy that binatone router from nextra. Where would that RG6 coaxial cable go?

Just for info, the router has 1 wan, 3-4 lan ports. Modem has 1 ADSL, 1 ethernet, 1 usb port.

I am on Nextra currently using and Binatone wirless router provided by them. I am on their Infinity25 plan and planning to buy the Asus AC1300 router.

Is it worth the upgrade?

Siddharth, that is totally dependent on your needs, usually one upgrades to get better range, if that is the issue with the current router, certainly upgrade it. Speed wise, I am not sure if 25Mbps would be too much for the Binatone to handle, but, if you do go to higher plans, more speed mean more stress on the router CPU, so again an upgrade makes more sense if you are going to upgrade your speeds in the short term as well.