LimeWire

• Thread starter Thread starter agnivo007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 4,236
A

agnivo007

Hey Folks,Is anyone using LimeWire here ?I have found it to be the best P2P software around !!! 😀 Guys, share ur experience. 🙂

i never tried it....have u tried ares.....????ill try limewire as soon as i get some decent net connection

Originally posted by agnivo007@Jun 6 2005, 08:55 PM
Hey Folks,

Is anyone using LimeWire here ?
I have found it to be the best P2P software around !!!  😀

Guys, share ur experience.  🙂
[snapback]11604[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hey Agnivo...does lime wire work on BSNL ...I had tried out but that didnt work...did u make any changes in the preferneces or something

I use the Pro Version [ 4.8.1 Pro ] with Java Runtime 1.5.03 and it's not that resource hungry app ! 😀Abdul,I had just installed and run LimeWire, made no settings change. Runs fine on DataOne though. :lol:

Yes i tried it my self ...worked fine...already downloaded 1Gb :lol: ....

Then were u kiddin in ur last post ? :angry:

NOt really...i had a prev. version of lime wire 4.7.0 that didnt work...tried the new version worked well...infact still working

"LimeWire Free se LimeWire Pro Version Download karnaa...Shayad issi ko kehte hai : Jis thaali me khate ho ussi pe ched karnaa..." :lol:

Not much difference between normal and pro version although.....

my verdict is go for Ares...the BEST P2P around!!!LimeWire consumes too much RAM, not less than 30 MB at any given point of time...on the other hand Ares hardly goes above 10 MB...and for me Ares has always served the best...i don't get the speed i get in Ares in any other P2P, not even with torrents...Ares utilizes my full bandwidth...in other words, i lose around 25-30% of my bandwidth with any other P2P software...the only good feature that i could find about LimeWire is that it has a "direct connect" feature which never worked for me on Sify...i never tried it on MTNL though...btw, was using the Pro version as well...so if u really want the best P2P, go for Ares...it's the lightest, smartest, good looking, free of spywares (do remember to untick those 2 wares that come with it, i don't remember the names right now), and u don't need cracks or serials to get the Pro version... 😛 it's free to use!!! 🙄 one secret about Ares, if it doesn't connect, go to "Control Panel" and disconnect it and it'll start the downloading in a while...i don't know why it happens, but it happens...so Ares is the BEST P2P around!!!! 😀

Is LimeWire using the Gnutella network? I have gtk-gnutella for that, and it is the lightest client I have seen :lol:

Yea it uses Gnutella network. But I do not find it that much "bloatware" as some people claim though it takes around 32MB. Its common for Java based app. I am very much impressed with it. 😀

Originally posted by ujjwal@Jun 8 2005, 08:28 PM
Is LimeWire using the Gnutella network? I have gtk-gnutella for that, and it is the lightest client I have seen :lol:
[snapback]11828[/snapback]
[/quote]
hey guys a friend of mine suggested bittorrent but i cdnt use it prperly