Sify Broadband Switchers?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 26,169
QUOTE(joy_008in @ Aug 16 2006, 11:31 PM) [snapback]58785[/snapback]
Hi all..,
I am from Kolkata, using Sify for last 8 months, always unsatisfied with the worst Customer care service. Presently using 128 pure unlimited, was out of connection for 7 days ,......yes can U beleive in Kolkata out of service for 7 days and I am still waiting for a proper explanation from these guys.

I wanted to shift to Airtel from the very beginning ...... they are not available in my area !! I am waiting for about a year for Airtel to come to my area, But......

Anyway other choices are Tata Indicom, BSNL Broadband or Reliance(?).

Can u guys help me choosing next isp, which one is best? Thanks ......
[/b]

Airtel has started services in calcutta.. so you can check if they are coming in your area..

I remember some BSNL subscribers in Kolkata say a year back that it had great service. If I was you I would subscribe to BSNL without a question (I have subscribed to BSNL's cousin MTNL already, waiting for the connection to be installed now 🙂 ) Edit:-Of course I have heard Airtel is good also so you would have to make your own decision between the two based on price, speed and availability.

Unless SIFY comes up with better plans than BSNL, there is likely to be an exodus! BSNL is offering 2 Mbps speed @ Rs. 500/- Only problem is you have a data transfer cap of 2.5 GB / month during 0800 to 0200. The unlimted happy hours are between 0200 & 0800 Hrs. quite odd hours indeed and that is BSNL way of discouraging usage. Unless SIFY comes up with atleast 1 Mbps with matching price of BSNL for their unlimited plans, it is difficult to sustain customers.I am one looking to switch.

they have sustained customers since a long time despite being the shittiest service provider out there. nothing changes for them...

Do you expect an upgrade off sify in the near future? Atleast dilate the 150 mb/limit

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Jan 2 2007, 09:38 PM) [snapback]72889[/snapback]
no i don't. i expect them to die a slow painful death.[/b]

Yeah maybe that should happen and then the competition will hot up between the remaining few.

Guys i switched to Mtnl finally got my connection on 10 Jan and straight on the 2 Mbps speeds and there is no looking backi just love these speeds. downloaded over 75GB since then

sify is either going to close their bb business or they will sell it...

Sify sucks like hell. promised upload speed 64kbps and download speeds 256kbps in practical u will get 4KBps upload and 18-20KBps download. Its better for sify to exit this business. Sify can start a new business but they can't move forward or can get market share. they r waste.